    that thy code may be short and readable and thy days pleasant and productiv=
    e.
    -- Seventh commandment for C programmers
    Edgardo Hames, Oct 9, 2005

  2. On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 03:50:11AM +0900, Edgardo Hames wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm looking for a nice parser generator which given an EBNF grammar
    > can build an AST and Rockit seems a very good option. However, I keep
    > getting errors when trying to run the examples on Ruby 1.8. I've also
    > seen some other people complaining on the list because they run into
    > similar problems. Is this project dead? What other options can I
    > choose from?

    racc: nice and simple, runtime included in default Ruby distribution
    (...though not the generator itself).

    http://i.loveruby.net/en/man/racc/grammar.html appears to have a
    tutorial.

    Download http://www.wingding.demon.nl/ -> Rpay2 for an example for
    actual usage.

    --
    Rutger Nijlunsing ----------------------------------------------------
    never attribute to a conspiracy which can be explained by incompetence
    Rutger Nijlunsing, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Edgardo Hames

    Mark Probert Guest

    On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 03:50 +0900, Edgardo Hames wrote:

    > I'm looking for a nice parser generator which given an EBNF grammar
    > can build an AST and Rockit seems a very good option.

    Depending on what you are after, the EBNF and attributes, one of
    the Coco/R tools may be suitable. There are two, one pure Ruby and
    the other for C extensions. Note that they are both LL(1) with
    single token look-ahead, so that may, or may not, suit your
    style.

    Regards,

    -mark.
    Mark Probert, Oct 13, 2005