Looking for a particular http proxy...

Fred Pacquier

Hello,

I would be grateful if someone could point me to an existing and working
http proxy implementation that satisfies the following requirements :

- as small and simple as possible, ideally no dependencies outside python
- easy to customize (for controlling outgoing http headers for instance)
- supports chaining to another remote proxy

I have spent some time on the list at :
http://xhaus.com/alan/python/proxies.html

....but haven't found what I need yet : Some old pages/packages have broken
links ; some are too full-featured and/or have heavy dependencies (xml,
ssl, twisted etc.) ; some have remote proxy support but are complicated
enough that I'm not sure where to hack at the request headers ; and the
really simple ones don't chain to other proxies.

Actually "Tiny HTTP Proxy" and its derivatives would be just fine for what
I want to do, but I don't know how and where to add remote proxy support.
I did get httpMonitor to work (although it is overkill), but it depends on
PyXML (still 900 KB even pared down some), and it seems to have some
strange side effects on the browser.

Any ideas welcome,
TIA,
fp