looking for a popup control like in MSCRM...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jéjé, Jul 15, 2005.

  1. Jéjé

    Jéjé Guest

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a control to open window to allow the user to search and
    select an item.
    I have one in place, but there is a lack of options and stability.

    So I'm looking for a control on the web.

    The user see a button which open the window, and after the user has selected
    an item (in a list), I display the selected value in a textbox (or another
    control) without callback.
    Also the user can click on the selected item to popup the detailed
    information about this item (like an employee name which diplay the
    employee card web page in popup)

    thanks for your guides.

    Jerome.

    Jéjé, Jul 15, 2005

  2. You can develop a similar function using Javascript (client-side scripting)
    to dynamically show and hide a HTML <DIV> tag on the page.

    I have an example where I use a <div> tag and populate its data using
    xml/xslt transformation to display a list containing the results of the
    search. The selected result from the poped-up list moves to the text box
    when the user clicks a selection. The complete code for such a function is
    on my website: http://www.societopia.net/samples/textbox.htm. It is only a
    simple html page that demonstrates the concept.

    ---
    www.societopia.net

    =?Utf-8?B?c29jaWV0b3BpYS5uZXQ=?=, Jul 15, 2005