    I wonder if there is a similar program for Java jars or class files.
    Thanks for any light you can shed on this question.

    Robert Dodier
    Robert Dodier, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Robert Dodier wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > There is a Unix program called strip which removes debugging info and
    > other stuff from executables to make them smaller.
    > I wonder if there is a similar program for Java jars or class files.
    > Thanks for any light you can shed on this question.
    >
    > Robert Dodier

    Google for obfuscators. There are tons of them.
    Joshua Cranmer, Mar 14, 2007

  3. Robert Dodier

    PP Guest

    Robert Dodier wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > There is a Unix program called strip which removes debugging info and
    > other stuff from executables to make them smaller.
    > I wonder if there is a similar program for Java jars or class files.
    > Thanks for any light you can shed on this question.
    >
    > Robert Dodier

    You can try to use Jakarta BCEL to write your own strip.
    PP, Mar 15, 2007
  4. On Mar 14, 5:52 pm, Joshua Cranmer <> wrote:

    > > There is a Unix program called strip which removes debugging info and
    > > other stuff from executables to make them smaller.
    > > I wonder if there is a similar program for Java jars or class files.
    > > Thanks for any light you can shed on this question.

    > Google for obfuscators. There are tons of them.

    Thanks for the tip.
    I've downloaded one called ProGuard (http://proguard.sourceforge.net)
    which is free (as in free beer & free speech). I'll give it a try.

    Robert Dodier
    Robert Dodier, Mar 15, 2007