looking for a "proxy" handler to redirect page requests..

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jéjé, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Jéjé

    Jéjé Guest

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a component which can act as a "proxy".
    I mean when a user access a virtual folder I want to get the query then I'll
    send it to a back end server, then I display the result coming from the
    backend server.

    Like ISA Server can do with a web publishing rule.

    Because I have an.net application (http://portal.company.com) which used
    IFrame to display some contents of another server
    (http://reports.company.com) .
    I'm using basic authentication and when the IFrame is opened, the user is
    asked to login again because I call another secured server.

    To avoid this, I want to use a local virtual folder
    (http://portal.company.com/reportserver) with an handler to execute the
    exact same query to the back end server using the current login of the user.

    I presume I have to rewrite some HTML content like:
    http://reports.company.com become http://portal.company.com

    thanks for your help.

    jerome.

    Jéjé, Feb 5, 2005