Looking for a Ruby library to untar a file.

shalofin

Does anyone know of a library to untar a file? I use Zlib to gunzip,
but can't find any file to untar the resulting data. Unfortunately I
can't get to www.ruby-lang.org right now (local network problem).

Thanks for any help,

Wayne

Thiago Jackiw

Wayne,

I don't think you need a library just to untar the a file, you can
simply run `tar xzvf FILE` inside your ruby app and that should do it.

Thiago

shalofin

Thiago,

I wish I could, unfortunately I am stuck on Windows for this one and
the only compression/decompression I can count on is the built-in
version Microsoft has.

Wayne

shalofin

Erik,

Thanks for the link, I'll see if I can do something with it...who knows
maybe it will end up as a library.

Wayne