    Thanks for any help,

    Wayne

    , Jul 20, 2006

  2. Wayne,

    I don't think you need a library just to untar the a file, you can
    simply run `tar xzvf FILE` inside your ruby app and that should do it.

    Thiago

    Thiago Jackiw, Jul 20, 2006

  3. Erik Veenstra, Jul 20, 2006

    Thiago,

    I wish I could, unfortunately I am stuck on Windows for this one and
    the only compression/decompression I can count on is the built-in
    version Microsoft has.

    Wayne

    Thiago Jackiw wrote:
    > Wayne,
    >
    > I don't think you need a library just to untar the a file, you can
    > simply run `tar xzvf FILE` inside your ruby app and that should do it.
    >
    > Thiago
    >

    > On 7/19/06, <> wrote:
    > > Does anyone know of a library to untar a file? I use Zlib to gunzip,
    > > but can't find any file to untar the resulting data. Unfortunately I
    > > can't get to www.ruby-lang.org right now (local network problem).
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help,
    > >
    > > Wayne

    , Jul 20, 2006

    Erik,

    Thanks for the link, I'll see if I can do something with it...who knows
    maybe it will end up as a library.

    Wayne

    Erik Veenstra wrote:
    > Have a look at tarrubyscript.rb in tar2rubyscript.tar.gz [1].
    > It might be a good start. Although I'm not sure it can
    > handle every kind of TAR file...
    >
    > By the way, that code was written by from Thomas Hurst, long
    > time ago...
    >
    > Oh, it's not a library; it's code.
    >
    > gegroet,
    > Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/