looking for a simple CMS

peter10

Hi everybody,

I am planning to setup a java-based collaborative authoring tool using
only open source software (for a university project). I have been
searching the net for days and haven't found anything appropriate yet.

The tool should allow registered users to help expanding (and
correcting) the content of an existing website about midieval
charters. The users should be able to add or change field entries of a
database, but before these new contents go on the regular site they
have to be checked by a moderator.

That's why I am looking for a simple CMS that provides the following:

- access through a web-browser

- user authorization & authentication

- versioning --> to help the moderator to view the changes made inside
a field of the database

- multi-language support (for expansion to Eastern Europe)

- a "checking-function" that allows a moderator to review the changes
before
they are accessible via the regular site

- a "save-mode" that allows the user to work on their changes for
longer than a browser session

- download with the complete source code so that modifications can be
made

I am starting to think that I will have to mostly programme the whole
thing myself! What do you think?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Peter

peter10

Forgot to STRESS one thing: All the CMS I have looked into are
handling files only. What I need is access to SINGLE FIELDS of
database records!