    user, kind of like revealing if they won or not. Is there a way of
    doing this in html?

    , Apr 23, 2006

  2. Martin Jay Guest

    In message <>,
    writes
    >I am looking for a way to submit a code that the user inputs - maybe
    >just have an input box and a submit button, from this code, the html
    >will send an email to me AND display the what the code means to the
    >user, kind of like revealing if they won or not. Is there a way of
    >doing this in html?

    This cannot be done with HTML alone. You will have to submit the form
    to a server side script, written in something such as PHP, for
    processing.

    And if there are a lot of codes with different meanings you'd probably
    need a database too.
    --
    Martin Jay

    Martin Jay, Apr 23, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > I am looking for a way to submit a code that the user inputs - maybe
    > just have an input box and a submit button, from this code, the html
    > will send an email to me AND display the what the code means to the
    > user, kind of like revealing if they won or not.

    Email forms are ten-a-penny. Find one, then modify it to do what you
    need. Of learn a few basics of PHP. It's a trivial task.

    > Is there a way of doing this in html?

    No.

    --
    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Apr 23, 2006
  4. On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > Email forms are ten-a-penny.

    As are spam relays, set up by naive users using crap ten-a-penny
    scripts. If you're going to recommend someone to set up such a thing
    (I think I'd prefer to advise them, for their own good, to refrain
    from doing so, for as long as they need to ask how), then at least
    please recommend something which you know to be reasonably secure
    against abuse.

    just my 2 centiquatloons

    Alan J. Flavell, Apr 23, 2006
  5. cypete Guest

    Hi
    I think I have a very simple solution for you to make your own nice
    forms, check this link http://www.down-loads.se/coffeecup.html and look
    for Coffeecup flash form builder, you can build your form visually,
    just as you wish, without any hard coding.
    Hope this will help you.
    Sincerely Peter

    cypete, Apr 24, 2006