Looking for a way to access ActiveRecord data in a rails app fromanother non-rails app with $SAFE=1

Xeno Campanoli

I only need to read the data, but I want to use AR if I can, because
it's what everything in the rails app uses, and I want to keep the whole
area as simple and maintainable as possible. I don't see anything in
Rails that allows special access. Perhaps if I make a certain kind of
account will it let me in? It appears with $SAFE=1 I get locked out no
matter what.

xc

Xeno Campanoli

Xeno said:
I only need to read the data, but I want to use AR if I can, because
it's what everything in the rails app uses, and I want to keep the whole
area as simple and maintainable as possible. I don't see anything in
Rails that allows special access. Perhaps if I make a certain kind of
account will it let me in? It appears with $SAFE=1 I get locked out no
matter what.

xc
It occurs to me that perhaps I should be configuring my Mongrel to just
run without mod_ruby, if possible. I don't need public internet speeds,
and presumably with an old fashion load-all-every-page configuration, I
would by default get $SAFE = 0 anyway. Anyone know if Mongrel even does
this? Obviously webrick does. Perhaps I should just run my production
in webrick...?