    account will it let me in? It appears with $SAFE=1 I get locked out no
    matter what.

    xc

    Xeno Campanoli, May 29, 2008

  2. Re: Looking for a way to access ActiveRecord data in a rails appfrom another non-rails app with $SAFE=1

    Xeno Campanoli wrote:
    > I only need to read the data, but I want to use AR if I can, because
    > it's what everything in the rails app uses, and I want to keep the whole
    > area as simple and maintainable as possible. I don't see anything in
    > Rails that allows special access. Perhaps if I make a certain kind of
    > account will it let me in? It appears with $SAFE=1 I get locked out no
    > matter what.
    >
    > xc

    It occurs to me that perhaps I should be configuring my Mongrel to just
    run without mod_ruby, if possible. I don't need public internet speeds,
    and presumably with an old fashion load-all-every-page configuration, I
    would by default get $SAFE = 0 anyway. Anyone know if Mongrel even does
    this? Obviously webrick does. Perhaps I should just run my production
    in webrick...?

    Xeno Campanoli, May 29, 2008