Looking for Advanced Python Tutorials

cokofreedom

I was wondering if anyone knew of some online (free if possible)
advanced tutorials, especially ones that provides tasks and ideas for
small projects. The issue for myself is I want to improve my python
programming level, and my ability to program in general, but come up
blank thinking of a possible task or project to undertake. So with
that in mind I thought I'd ask the community if they knew of sites or
books to read up on and use as a starting block. Of course project
ideas would be great as well!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Coko

Ravi Kotecha

I was wondering if anyone knew of some online (free if possible)
advanced tutorials, especially ones that provides tasks and ideas for
small projects. The issue for myself is I want to improve my python
programming level, and my ability to program in general, but come up
blank thinking of a possible task or project to undertake. So with
that in mind I thought I'd ask the community if they knew of sites or
books to read up on and use as a starting block. Of course project
ideas would be great as well!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Coko

Project Euler is a site where you work through mathematical problems
using any programming language you like.

Once you solve a problem you can see everyone elses solutions and
Python is quite popular on that site so you'll see some very clever
uses of Python there.

I like it a lot for when I haven't got anything better to code:
http://projecteuler.net/

- Ravi

André

I was wondering if anyone knew of some online (free if possible)
advanced tutorials, especially ones that provides tasks and ideas for
small projects. The issue for myself is I want to improve my python
programming level, and my ability to program in general, but come up
blank thinking of a possible task or project to undertake. So with
that in mind I thought I'd ask the community if they knew of sites or
books to read up on and use as a starting block. Of course project
ideas would be great as well!

I suggest a different alternative: join an open source project.

André

3

3c273

Thanks for this.
Louis

Ravi Kotecha said:
Project Euler is a site where you work through mathematical problems
using any programming language you like.

Once you solve a problem you can see everyone elses solutions and
Python is quite popular on that site so you'll see some very clever
uses of Python there.

I like it a lot for when I haven't got anything better to code:
http://projecteuler.net/

- Ravi

lbonafide

I was wondering if anyone knew of some online (free if possible)
advanced tutorials, especially ones that provides tasks and ideas for
small projects. The issue for myself is I want to improve my python
programming level, and my ability to program in general, but come up
blank thinking of a possible task or project to undertake.

Look at PyGame (http://pygame.org) and write a simple game, like
asteroids or space invaders. Or heck, start with pong. You'll be
amazed at how game programming will stretch your programming skills.

Or do graphics with PyOpenGL. Google for NeHe's OpenGL tutorials to
get you started.

Lie

I was wondering if anyone knew of some online (free if possible)
advanced tutorials, especially ones that provides tasks and ideas for
small projects. The issue for myself is I want to improve my python
programming level, and my ability to program in general, but come up
blank thinking of a possible task or project to undertake. So with
that in mind I thought I'd ask the community if they knew of sites or
books to read up on and use as a starting block. Of course project
ideas would be great as well!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Coko

You might be interested in Python challenge:
http://www.pythonchallenge.com/

It's a series of puzzles that involve learning the edges of Python
(most of the puzzle can be solved with any programming language, but
some involve Python-only features, e.g. pickle)