Looking for Agile Python Consulting

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ed Leafe, Apr 3, 2008.

  1. Ed Leafe

    Ed Leafe Guest

    This isn't a specific job request, which is why I'm not placing it on
    the Python Job Board. Rather, I'm in the process of gathering
    information for an upcoming project, and I need to determine what
    resources, if any, are available in the Python community.

    We're in the planning stages of a fairly long-term project (1-2
    years), and the management here has been very impressed by the work of
    a consulting group used on another project in the company. They use
    Agile programming techniques, and have a lot of experience managing
    these sorts of projects. Unlike other projects with consultants,
    theirs have been very successful, and thus management is leaning
    towards using them for this one.

    The problem, though, is that these consultants are a Rails shop, and
    it would mean changing a large part of our coding efforts to Ruby. My
    very strong preference is to stay with Python, so I'm trying to locate
    Python-centric consultants who use a similar disciplined Agile
    approach so that I can propose an alternative to the Rails solution.
    I'm not terribly concerned with Django vs. TurboGears vs. any other
    framework; at this point I'm only concerned with Python vs. Ruby.

    If you are part of such a consulting group, or know of one that fits
    these requirements, please reply to me off-list.

    -- Ed Leafe

    at , and delete the original message.
    Your cooperation is appreciated.
    Ed Leafe, Apr 3, 2008