    web page.

    thanks for any help,

    rasiel

    ras, Nov 7, 2004

  2. On 7 Nov 2004 11:46:23 -0800, ras wrote:

    > i'm looking for an applet that will let users add comments to a web
    > page.

    How much are you prepared to spend?

    >..sort of like a guestbook but rather than take you to a different
    > page the user's comments would simply be appended to the bottom of the
    > web page.

    An applet changing the *current* web-page?

    I don't think you will find any applets like that.

    The only way to do it, as far as I can see, is a Java applet
    interacting with the page via JavaScript. Given the two depencencies
    (Java/JS) that is less reliable for the users, so I doubt anybody has
    considered it worthwhile to write such an applet.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 8, 2004

  3. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 04:09:16 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:

    >>..sort of like a guestbook but rather than take you to a different
    >> page the user's comments would simply be appended to the bottom of the
    >> web page.

    > An applet changing the *current* web-page?
    >
    > I don't think you will find any applets like that.

    I may have misread what you meant there.

    The applet can post the data to the server and then refresh the
    current page - the new information could then appear.

    Alternatively, both the posts and the responses might be rendered
    in an applet. In that case the page can be updated without specifically
    being refreshed.

    Neither of those approaches requires JavaScript, as my earlier
    suggestion did.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 8, 2004