Looking for ASP application that interfaces with a Newsgroup

Tony

Can someone point me to an ASP application that interfaces to a Usenet
newsgroup?

FOR EXAMPLE, I'd like an application that would display the posts here in
microsoft.public.inetserver.general, on a webpage in a forum format (I
wouldn't use an actual Microsoft webpage, it's just an example).

Thanks,

Tony

CJM

Tony said:
Can someone point me to an ASP application that interfaces to a Usenet
newsgroup?

FOR EXAMPLE, I'd like an application that would display the posts here in
microsoft.public.inetserver.general, on a webpage in a forum format (I
wouldn't use an actual Microsoft webpage, it's just an example).

Why?

There are too many sites already with 'forums' that basically steal traffic
on the back of USENET...

People are better served using NNTP. If you don't want to use NNTP, you
always have Google Groups.

CJM

larrybud2002

CJM said:
Why?

There are too many sites already with 'forums' that basically steal traffic
on the back of USENET...

People are better served using NNTP. If you don't want to use NNTP, you
always have Google Groups.

Some people can't use NNTP because of firewall limitations beyond their
control, and some may want to customize or improve on what google does.

CJM

Some people can't use NNTP because of firewall limitations beyond their
control, and some may want to customize or improve on what google does.

True...

But there are already sites out there that do this. Why didn't the OP ask
'Are there any websites that provide newsgroup access other than Google
Groups?"?

Too many site already do these kind of things and unfortunately Google seems
to index them too readily...

[And ironically, you have to pay to access some!]

Tony

CJM said:
Why?

There are too many sites already with 'forums' that basically steal traffic
on the back of USENET...

People are better served using NNTP. If you don't want to use NNTP, you
always have Google Groups.

Google Group doesn't meet the requirements, some of which are legal.

I am way past the "why" phase of the project - "how" is my only concern.

Zam

Hello World,

[skipped]
I am way past the "why" phase of the project - "how" is my only concern.

Right. There are few different Mfg of "ASPNNTP".

With best regards,

Michael D. Kersey

Tony said:
Can someone point me to an ASP application that interfaces to a Usenet
newsgroup?

FOR EXAMPLE, I'd like an application that would display the posts here in
microsoft.public.inetserver.general, on a webpage in a forum format (I
wouldn't use an actual Microsoft webpage, it's just an example).

Consider using Perl. It has the tools for this job and is easy to use:
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col62.html
and
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col01.html

The directory of Randall Schwarz's Web Techniques columns is at
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/
and there are more links available at
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/columns.html

Michael D. Kersey

Tony said:
Can someone point me to an ASP application that interfaces to a Usenet
newsgroup?

FOR EXAMPLE, I'd like an application that would display the posts here in
microsoft.public.inetserver.general, on a webpage in a forum format (I
wouldn't use an actual Microsoft webpage, it's just an example).

Consider using Perl. It has the tools for this job and is easy to use:
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col62.html
and
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col01.html

The directory of Randal L. Schwartz's Web Techniques columns is at

Michael D. Kersey said:
Consider using Perl. It has the tools for this job and is easy to use:
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col62.html
and
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col01.html

The directory of Randall Schwarz's Web Techniques columns is at
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/
and there are more links available at
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/columns.html

Thanks. I'm hesitant about using Perl since, well, it's another programming
language I'd now have to learn, but I'll check it out.