Looking for best practices for Java project documentation

Juergen

Hi all!

Documentation for Java projects consists of javadoc, hand written text
articles, drawings and UML diagrams.

Finally all this should be put together into a nicely browseable
website. For suit-wearing people there should also be a nice paper
output of the text articles.

The latter can be done by writing the text articles in docbook (and
they don't even need to be transformed into html, as Mozilla's and IE's
built-in stylesheet transformation engine does this very nicely) and
have them transformed into RTF.

So I have a folder structure

project
|----- docs
|--------- apidocs

Now I wonder, are there best practices to do all this efficiently? Are
there tools to automate generating the project documenation (on a
higher level than javadoc)?

How could I get a menu structure over the docs, like the famous

You are here: myproject > apidocs
Everything should be offline browseable.

Rogan Dawes

Juergen said:
[...]

Maybe take a look at Maven?

Rogan