Looking for C++ implementations of a particular pattern

eric

Greetings,

I am looking for C++ implementations of a pattern similar to the
following description. This pattern is a wrapper of sorts (in the
general sense, not like a Decorator) for a single arithmetic value. In
the base class of this pattern, instances can be multiplied, added,
compared, copied, and generally treated just like any other arithmetic
value EXCEPT that the value of such instances cannot be directly
assigned nor accessed. Only through classes derived from this base
class can values be directly assigned or accessed. This may sound like
a strange class design but it meets the requirements for certain
problems.

If anyone knows of a publicly available implementation (posted on the
net, described in a book, etc.) written in C++ that fits the
description above, please post it here.

Thanks,
Eric.

eric

Not really. I'm looking for a pattern where "getting and setting" the
value is delegated to derived classes and all other operations are
inherited from the base class. This library appears to be more akin to
the Observer pattern for syncronizing and updating state changes.

eddy_ruslim

what about protected constructor and virtual methods, will it do?
Base classing is a bitch heh.
Edernity
---------
if it help
please help me provide better school supplies for childrenof indonesia.
it may be a donation but I merely ask you to letme send email to you
from one of the product of I'm affiliated and please register there on
mechant account free. If you even want you refund back on your dollar
of i-kard, its ok, I'll send you just use regular delivery on shipping
please. Please note this is very safe since this is a bonafid company.
remember your credit card company will confirm you on your purchase.
Still have doubts, sign on a personal account and let me contact you
again on it. just one mail pls
also
I'm also affiliated to this site:www.getaportal.com/portals/edd
y_ruslim

eddy_ruslim

I mean like a class Integerteger
constructor protected
operator virtual
for the state changes and synch won't it depends on how u use those
threads and how messages passes between them
NewClass use the derived Integerteger?
hope it help. sol (smile out loud)
hey how about the donation. cost u zilch!
Edernity
---------
if it help
please help me provide better school supplies for childrenof indonesia.
it may be a donation but I merely ask you to letme send email to you
from one of the product of I'm affiliated and please register there on
mechant account free. If you even want you refund back on your dollar
of i-kard, its ok, I'll send you just use regular delivery on shipping
please. Please note this is very safe since this is a bonafid company.
remember your credit card company will confirm you on your purchase.
Still have doubts, sign on a personal account and let me contact you
again on it. just one mail pls
also
I'm also affiliated to this site:
www.getaportal.com/portals/eddy_ruslim