looking for crossplatform layer between gui and database

Alois Weber

I'm not shure wether its the right place to ask here.
But I don't know where to ask else.

Does anybody know a free crossplatform library (for linux/windows perhaps
Mac) which offers some classes like the ADODB.Recordset or DataSource from
Delphi?

I'm thinking of a rowset where you have a current selected record which is
deletable and where you can add new records.
It should also have some notification to bind it against
gui-navigationcontrols
text-fields or grids..If you don't know one can you give me hints
where to start with? I do know DTL and otlv4 yet and I prefer otlv4.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel *g*
But if nothing exists I think I'll write that..
I could also imagine to write the structure of the database with the
relationships to some extra tables to autogenerate LookupComboboxes or
s.th. like that.. (like its done in Compiere)

Marc Weber

Victor Bazarov

Alois Weber said:
I'm not shure wether its the right place to ask here.
But I don't know where to ask else.

You could (should) try a database newsgroup.
Does anybody know a free crossplatform library (for linux/windows perhaps
Mac) which offers some classes like the ADODB.Recordset or DataSource from
Delphi?

I've no idea about Delphi, but MySQL++ is not a bad library. Again,
a newsgroup on DBs would have more info, I guess.
[..]

I don't want to reinvent the wheel *g*
But if nothing exists I think I'll write that..
I could also imagine to write the structure of the database with the
relationships to some extra tables to autogenerate LookupComboboxes or
s.th. like that.. (like its done in Compiere)

Just now I saw Nikki Locke's post (a periodic one) on the "Available
C++ Libraries FAQ". Please check it out. I cannot claim even slight
familiarity with the list, but somehow I think there may be something
you'll find useful.

Victor