looking for eclipse plugin for user management in RCP application

Dominik

Hi,

I'm about to develop a rich client platform application that needs a
role-based user management.

- create/change/delete new users,
- setting permissions for access to resources,
- resolve permissions resulting from multiple and/or nested roles and
- storing this information in a database

as these features are being used in many multi-user applications to
restrict access to funtions and/or data, i thought there might
allready exist an eclipse plugin providing this functionality.

so if anyone knows of such a plugin, or can give me a hint where to
find one, i'd appreciate your posting.

thanx for you help.

dominik

Rhino

Dominik said:
Hi,

I'm about to develop a rich client platform application that needs a
role-based user management.

- create/change/delete new users,
- setting permissions for access to resources,
- resolve permissions resulting from multiple and/or nested roles and
- storing this information in a database

as these features are being used in many multi-user applications to
restrict access to funtions and/or data, i thought there might
allready exist an eclipse plugin providing this functionality.

so if anyone knows of such a plugin, or can give me a hint where to
find one, i'd appreciate your posting.
Have you tried the Eclipse site, eclipse.org? I think they list many (or
all) of the plugins available for Eclipse somewhere on the site.
Alternatively, the eclipse newsgroups are bound to be helpful (assuming you
can figure out which one to post to!). You have to register to use the
newsgroups but it is free and only takes a second to get an ID and password;
then you can search the newsgroup archives for what you want; if you don't
find it, you can post to the newsgroup and someone will point you to what
you want if it exists.

Rhino