Looking for files in wrong directory

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Poul Dam, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Poul Dam

    Poul Dam Guest

    Hi

    Setup:

    Windows 2003 Server
    Exchange 2003 Server
    ..NET framework 1.1

    I have created an ASP.NET web application and registered
    it as the application to use when opening messages from
    the Exchange store. This works very well and the
    application can read the message's various properties.
    However, when I push a button in the web application that
    results in a postback to the server, I get the following
    message in the browser:

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------
    Access denied to '\\.\BackOfficeStorage\MyServer\Public
    Folders\My folder\Charlie\web.config'. Failed to start
    monitoring file changes.

    The file that is missing can be anything (e.g an aspx
    file), depending on the button pressed in the web
    application.

    My question is, why does it look for the web application
    files in the Exchange message store (i.e. from where the
    application is launched) and not where the files really
    reside?

    / Thanks in advance
    Poul Dam
    Systems Engineer
    Systematic Software Engineering
    Poul Dam, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Poul Dam

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    Its security issue. server 2003 has very tight security rules. the user
    that activate asp.net (IIS_wpg) dont have rights to access Exchange .

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    34th Elkalay st. Raanana
    Israel , 43000
    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Poul Dam

    Poul Dam Guest

    Hi!

    Thanks for the answer, but I do not think that rights is
    the problem here. The problem is that it is looking for
    the web application files in the wrong directory -- the
    message store, from where the application is launched by
    double-clicking a message in OWA -- instead of where the
    web app is installed.

    / Poul Dam

    ***

    Poul Dam, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Poul Dam

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    every time that i saw "Access denied" it was security issue. try to
    change the anonymous user to administrator JUST TO CHECK if its realy
    security issue.

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    34th Elkalay st. Raanana