looking for free C debugger

Martijn

Does anyone know any that runs on 0x86 machine, Windows XP,
Try gdb. gdb is available for windows but it is command line. Google
for gdb.

Some IDEs provide a front-end to gdb, such as Dev-C++ from bloodshed. There
should be more front-ends available.

I was wary of command-line debugging at first, too, and admittadly it is
more cumbersome than a visual tool, but you get used pretty quickly and for
me so far it works like a charm.

Good luck,

Waxhead

vib said:
Hi,
Being a novice in C, i am looking for a debugger which would help me to
visualize the effect of my code. I've tried on
http://www.freeware-guide.com/dir/softdev/ccomp.html, but no luck. Does
anyone know any that runs on 0x86 machine, Windows XP, single-step,
preferably free and not command-line?

Thanks in advance.
vib
Check out lccwin32 (www.q-software-solutions.com / .de) it's a free and
very good compiler and it also features a kick-ass debugger!

btw: The compiler is free for personal usage! :)

anybody43

Turbo Debugger. In command line, but great.
It's on Borland site., along
with the BCC 5.5 compiler.

I disagree that this is comand line. Text mode GUI
with the old IBM graphics chars providing boxes etc.

I agree that it's great. Really great.

Jean-Claude Arbaut

I disagree that this is comand line. Text mode GUI
with the old IBM graphics chars providing boxes etc.

Sorry, I meant "run from command line", which is very different ;-)