    old school text based application. I have a utility that is runing
    through many item and would like to show a status instead of puts()

    -dale

    Dale Ackerman, Jan 24, 2010

  2. On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Dale Ackerman wrote:

    > I wanted to control the output, position of output to the console. Like
    > old school text based application. I have a utility that is runing
    > through many item and would like to show a status instead of puts()

    Take a look at the ncurses package.

    -- Matt
    It's not what I know that counts.

    Matt Lawrence, Jan 24, 2010

  3. On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Dale Ackerman <> wrote:
    > I wanted to control the output, position of output to the console. =A0Lik=

    > old school text based application. =A0I have a utility that is runing
    > through many item and would like to show a status instead of puts()

    Matt Lawrence suggested ncurses, and there's a thread here on curses.
    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/336718
    including this which has an example which seems to work.
    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/336742

    Colin Bartlett, Jan 24, 2010