Looking for good beginner's tutorial

Roy Smith

My wife wants to learn Python. Can anybody suggest a good tutorial
for her to read? She's a PhD molecular biologist who is a pretty
advanced Unix user. She mucks about with Perl scripts doing things
like text processing and even some simple CGI scripts, but has no
formal programming training.

I looked at Dive Into Python, but it's going to be way over her head.
I didn't think the tutorial on www.python.org would do it for her
either. Any other suggestions I might look at?

Roy Smith

[QUOTE="Kent Johnson said:
My wife wants to learn Python. Can anybody suggest a good tutorial
for her to read? She's a PhD molecular biologist who is a pretty
advanced Unix user. She mucks about with Perl scripts doing things
like text processing and even some simple CGI scripts, but has no
formal programming training.

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers
Kent[/QUOTE]

That looks like just what I need, thanks! I even see two tutorials aimed
at bioinformatics people, which hit the spot perfectly.