    Karim
    http://www.cheapesthosting.com/webmastertoolbox - Free resources for
    Webmasters
    Karim, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Toby A Inkster, Nov 28, 2003

  3. e n | c k m a, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Karim

    Zak McGregor Guest

    On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:31:56 +0200, Toby A Inkster <"Toby A Inkster"
    <>> wrote:

    > Karim wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone can recommend some professionally looking sites? Specially ones
    >> that use css for font attributes, table cell backgrounds and
    >> alignments.. etc.

    > http://www.csszengarden.com/

    While the stuff is pretty, I have reservations about the FIR technique
    they use to create snazzy headlines. Firstly it flat out breaks with
    ordinary browsers browsing purposefully with images turned off, it
    obviously breaks online translation tools with images turned on in the
    browser and screen readers will always struggle with it.
    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/fir/

    The fact that most of these guys that clambour for appropriate use of html
    elements and document markup happily go ahead and use this flawed
    technique when it is all about presentation more than appropriate html &
    css use is telling.

    Ciao

    Zak

    http://www.carfolio.com/ Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs
    Auctioning motoring-related items at eBay? http://www.carfolio.com/ebay/
    Zak McGregor, Nov 28, 2003
  5. Michael Wilcox, Nov 28, 2003
  6. Karim

    altamir Guest

    altamir, Nov 28, 2003
  7. Karim

    kchayka Guest

    Zak McGregor wrote:

    > On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:31:56 +0200, Toby A Inkster <"Toby A Inkster"
    > <>> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.csszengarden.com/

    > While the stuff is pretty, I have reservations about the FIR technique
    > they use to create snazzy headlines.
    > http://www.alistapart.com/articles/fir/

    FIR is bad. For another, perhaps better method, see
    <URL:http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=ScreenreaderVisibility>

    --
    To email a reply, remove (dash)un(dash). Mail sent to the un
    address is considered spam and automatically deleted.
    kchayka, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Karim

    Genomega Guest

    "altamir" <> wrote in message
    > Karim <karim3411@!!yahoo!!.com> wrote in
    >
    > > Anyone can recommend some professionally looking sites? Specially ones
    > > that use css for font attributes, table cell backgrounds and
    > > alignments.. etc.

    > http://www.ami.com/
    > http://www.zeldman.com/
    > http://www.opera.com/