looking for good guide to using ThreadPoolExecutor

Discussion in 'Java' started by Marc E, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. Marc E

    Marc E Guest

    All,
    I have a pretty simple thing I'm trying to accomplish, and I think
    ThreadPoolExecutor might have answers for me, but I'm having trouble putting
    it all together.

    In a nutshell, i have an app that needs to spawn threads via thread.start(),
    adn I need to be able to provide a timeout period for those threads. Should
    the thread not complete before the timeout, i need the thread to handle its
    timeout, i.e. perform cleanup operations and the like. I could implement
    something like this myself with reasonable simplicity, but seems to me I
    oughtta try to use what's out there if I can.

    anyone with experience using the newer java.util.concurrent stuff have any
    advice?

    thanks.

    Marc

    Marc E, Apr 29, 2006