looking for good guide to using ThreadPoolExecutor

Marc E

All,
I have a pretty simple thing I'm trying to accomplish, and I think
ThreadPoolExecutor might have answers for me, but I'm having trouble putting
it all together.

In a nutshell, i have an app that needs to spawn threads via thread.start(),
adn I need to be able to provide a timeout period for those threads. Should
the thread not complete before the timeout, i need the thread to handle its
timeout, i.e. perform cleanup operations and the like. I could implement
something like this myself with reasonable simplicity, but seems to me I
oughtta try to use what's out there if I can.

anyone with experience using the newer java.util.concurrent stuff have any
advice?

thanks.

Marc