Looking for good Stunnix-like obfuscators

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Sharon, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    For some reason I have a problem with Stunnix, are there any other
    similar obfuscators?
     
    Sharon, Nov 29, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Sharon

    Henry Guest

    On Nov 29, 2:40 pm, Sharon <> wrote:
    > For some reason I have a problem with Stunnix, are there any
    > other similar obfuscators?


    You want people to suggest other obfuscators that you would have
    problems with?
     
    Henry, Nov 29, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Sharon

    Michal Guest

    On Nov 29, 6:17 pm, Henry <> wrote:
    > On Nov 29, 2:40 pm, Sharon <> wrote:
    >
    > > For some reason I have a problem with Stunnix, are there any
    > > other similar obfuscators?

    >
    > You want people to suggest other obfuscators that you would have
    > problems with?


    Hehe, yes :)
    I need something a little better than Jasob and the rest of these guys
    -
    a program that will have several iterations of "encrpytion-like"
    obfuscation (with the unescape/eval scheme)
     
    Michal, Nov 29, 2007
    #3
  4. Michal wrote:
    > On Nov 29, 6:17 pm, Henry <> wrote:
    >> On Nov 29, 2:40 pm, Sharon <> wrote:
    >>> For some reason I have a problem with Stunnix, are there any
    >>> other similar obfuscators?

    >> You want people to suggest other obfuscators that you would have
    >> problems with?

    >
    > Hehe, yes :)
    > I need something a little better than Jasob and the rest of these guys
    > -
    > a program that will have several iterations of "encrpytion-like"
    > obfuscation (with the unescape/eval scheme)


    Any encryption can be broken; it is just a matter of time and effort. You
    are wasting your time, and what is far worse, that of the subscribers of
    this newsgroup.


    PointedEars
    --
    var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
    navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE 5') != -1
    && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac') != -1
    ) // Plone, register_function.js:16
     
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 29, 2007
    #4
  5. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    On Nov 30, 1:26 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    wrote:
    > Michal wrote:
    > > On Nov 29, 6:17 pm, Henry <> wrote:
    > >> On Nov 29, 2:40 pm, Sharon <> wrote:
    > >>> For some reason I have a problem with Stunnix, are there any
    > >>> other similar obfuscators?
    > >> You want people to suggest other obfuscators that you would have
    > >> problems with?

    >
    > > Hehe, yes :)
    > > I need something a little better than Jasob and the rest of these guys
    > > -
    > > a program that will have several iterations of "encrpytion-like"
    > > obfuscation (with the unescape/eval scheme)

    >
    > Any encryption can be broken; it is just a matter of time and effort. You
    > are wasting your time, and what is far worse, that of the subscribers of
    > this newsgroup.
    >
    > PointedEars
    > --
    > var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
    > navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE 5') != -1
    > && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac') != -1
    > ) // Plone, register_function.js:16


    Any lock can be broken, so why do you bother locking your front door?
     
    Sharon, Dec 1, 2007
    #5
  6. Sharon wrote:
    > On Nov 30, 1:26 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    > wrote:
    >> Michal wrote:
    >>> On Nov 29, 6:17 pm, Henry <> wrote:
    >>>> On Nov 29, 2:40 pm, Sharon <> wrote:
    >>>>> For some reason I have a problem with Stunnix, are there any
    >>>>> other similar obfuscators?
    >>>> You want people to suggest other obfuscators that you would have
    >>>> problems with?
    >>> Hehe, yes :)
    >>> I need something a little better than Jasob and the rest of these guys
    >>> -
    >>> a program that will have several iterations of "encrpytion-like"
    >>> obfuscation (with the unescape/eval scheme)

    >> Any encryption can be broken; it is just a matter of time and effort. You
    >> are wasting your time, and what is far worse, that of the subscribers of
    >> this newsgroup.
    >> [...]

    >
    > Any lock can be broken, so why do you bother locking your front door?


    This is rather a philosophical question that would lead to a discussion
    about to what extent people can be trusted. Suffice it to say that one
    major reason for locking your front door is because you deem some or all
    of the content of your home valuable enough to at least one other person
    that would be therefore willing to take possession of it, even if only
    temporary, without your explicit consent.

    However, in the case of client-side scripting, that possibility is heavily
    overestimated.


    PointedEars
    --
    Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on
    a Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web,
    when you had very little chance of reading a document written on another
    computer, another word processor, or another network. -- Tim Berners-Lee
     
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Dec 1, 2007
    #6
  7. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    On Dec 1, 4:00 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    wrote:
    > Sharon wrote:
    > > On Nov 30, 1:26 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    > > wrote:
    > >> Michal wrote:
    > >>> On Nov 29, 6:17 pm, Henry <> wrote:
    > >>>> On Nov 29, 2:40 pm, Sharon <> wrote:
    > >>>>> For some reason I have a problem with Stunnix, are there any
    > >>>>> other similar obfuscators?
    > >>>> You want people to suggest other obfuscators that you would have
    > >>>> problems with?
    > >>> Hehe, yes :)
    > >>> I need something a little better than Jasob and the rest of these guys
    > >>> -
    > >>> a program that will have several iterations of "encrpytion-like"
    > >>> obfuscation (with the unescape/eval scheme)
    > >> Any encryption can be broken; it is just a matter of time and effort. You
    > >> are wasting your time, and what is far worse, that of the subscribers of
    > >> this newsgroup.
    > >> [...]

    >
    > > Any lock can be broken, so why do you bother locking your front door?

    >
    > This is rather a philosophical question that would lead to a discussion
    > about to what extent people can be trusted. Suffice it to say that one
    > major reason for locking your front door is because you deem some or all
    > of the content of your home valuable enough to at least one other person
    > that would be therefore willing to take possession of it, even if only
    > temporary, without your explicit consent.
    >
    > However, in the case of client-side scripting, that possibility is heavily
    > overestimated.
    >


    I am pretty sure this is the case with some people's homes
    Anyways - yes I do think my code will be valuable to others, and yes I
    would appreciate a good stunnix-like obfuscator.
     
    Sharon, Dec 2, 2007
    #7
  8. Sharon meinte:

    > I am pretty sure this is the case with some people's homes
    > Anyways - yes I do think my code will be valuable to others, and yes I
    > would appreciate a good stunnix-like obfuscator.


    (99% percent of the programmers out there think, they're the best in the
    world. The remaining 1% think, they are still exceptionally good.)

    Well, I doubt that your JS code is that valuable. so far I've never seen
    any obfuscated JS, worth the effort of stealing. After all, you're not
    even able to deal with your obfuscator - what terrific JS can I expect?

    And *if* it is really worth stealing, one can easily get around the
    obfuscation. However, understanding and adapting your sensational piece
    of JS to the needs of the thief is - I suppose - much more work, than
    writing the thing from scratch.

    Gregor



    --
    http://www.gregorkofler.at ::: Landschafts- und Reisefotografie
    http://www.licht-blick.at ::: Forum für Multivisionsvorträge
    http://www.image2d.com ::: Bildagentur für den alpinen Raum
     
    Gregor Kofler, Dec 2, 2007
    #8
  9. Sharon

    Ernesto Guest

    On Dec 2, 5:13 am, Gregor Kofler <> wrote:
    > Sharon meinte:
    >
    > > I am pretty sure this is the case with some people's homes
    > > Anyways - yes I do think my code will be valuable to others, and yes I
    > > would appreciate a good stunnix-like obfuscator.

    >
    > (99% percent of the programmers out there think, they're the best in the
    > world. The remaining 1% think, they are still exceptionally good.)
    >
    > Well, I doubt that your JS code is that valuable. so far I've never seen
    > any obfuscated JS, worth the effort of stealing. After all, you're not
    > even able to deal with your obfuscator - what terrific JS can I expect?
    >
    > And *if* it is really worth stealing, one can easily get around the
    > obfuscation. However, understanding and adapting your sensational piece
    > of JS to the needs of the thief is - I suppose - much more work, than
    > writing the thing from scratch.
    >
    > Gregor
    >
    > --http://www.gregorkofler.at::: Landschafts- und Reisefotografiehttp://www..licht-blick.at ::: Forum für Multivisionsvorträgehttp://www.image2d.com::: Bildagentur für den alpinen Raum


    I think that the code does not need to be exceptionally good to be
    kept away from other people's eyes. I could mean some business rule
    or something important to your client... and you want to assure to
    your clients that that piece of logic or data structure is kept
    secret... but until that level of discretion is achieved in the
    browser... if you have something worth hiding... you better put it
    server side.

    Ernesto
     
    Ernesto, Dec 4, 2007
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Paul Rocca

    recommended obfuscators or protectors

    Paul Rocca, Nov 4, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    445
    Jonathan Pierce
    Nov 5, 2004
  2. mchmiel
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    330
    mchmiel
    Aug 7, 2003
  3. Will
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    448
    Roedy Green
    Aug 16, 2005
  4. javadev

    Obfuscators and jar files

    javadev, Apr 19, 2006, in forum: Java
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    10,186
    javadev
    Apr 20, 2006
  5. do not use stunnix

    , May 10, 2007, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    330
Loading...

Share This Page