Looking for help/resources on Writing a nice detailed design / tech design for vb.net code

Discussion in 'Java' started by SpamProof, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. SpamProof

    SpamProof Guest

    I'm looking for an example of a detailed design that I can follow or
    get ideas from before programming in vb.net.

    Currently, I'm using this outline approach that describes my Project,
    Classes, Methods, properties etc and it goes something like this...

    I. Project: ProjectName
    A. Class: ClassName
    1. New Method: MethodName
    a. Method Description: Explain method purpose
    b. Parameter passed in
    c. values returned
    2. Properties:
    a. Property1 name & type
    a. Property2 name & type

    I would like to see an example of something more formal for
    documenting oo code with out going the UML route. Do you guys have any
    suggestions where I can find something on the internet?

    References to books I've seen all discuss higher level documentation
    for architects. I just want to do straight forward design for my
    managers for the components I'm assigned.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    8957078
    SpamProof, Nov 27, 2003

  2. SpamProof

    Jose Rubio Guest

    What's wrong with UML?

    Jose Rubio, Nov 27, 2003

  3. SpamProof

    Harald Hein Guest

    "SpamProof" wrote:

    > I'm looking for an example of a detailed design that I can follow or
    > get ideas from before programming in vb.net.

    Go away, troll.
    Harald Hein, Nov 27, 2003
  4. SpamProof

    SpamProof Guest

    Nothing's wrong with it to design a complete architecture but what if
    I just want to design a few classes with a few methods in them. I
    seems too high level. You know what I mean?

    Maybe I haven't seen a decent example of it used for what I need. Do
    you have any links to sample designs?

    SpamProof, Dec 1, 2003