looking for ideas on an approval type application

Elmo Watson

I've got a web page (VB.Net 2005) that takes in information, and submits it
to a sql server 2000 database
There is a 'Status' field - at that point, when the info is submitted, the
status field has 'submitted' in it.

What I'd like to do, is, if it does not change into an "approved" or
"denied" status in 72 hours (a different web page), we need the
functionality to be able to send an email it to the approver's supervisor.

this a little beyond my expertise - any ideas here?

bruce barker

you should write a sqlagent job or a windows service to do this.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Elmo Watson

I've never done that - - can you point me to a web source with a tutorial on
sqlagent jobs - - and how this type of deal would fit in?

Elmo Watson

I've figured out how to create a job - - and I've figured out how to query
the table for the desired items.
What I don't know how to do now, is to iterate through the data which was
returned, and send an email (email address in the data), based on that
data....

/??????