Looking for Java License Management Package

Christian Schlichtherle

Hi there,

I've almost finished writing a bidirectional file synchronisation
application (TrueMirror) using J2SE. As I've spent some months of
development on it, I'ld like to make it shareware.

Now I am looking for an API that allows me to do license management secure
and easy. The API would need to create license certificate files (this code
would be executed by a registration service provider such as shareit.com)
and allow to import and use them in my J2SE application.

I have googled around, but could find nothing appropriate. Looking at the
Java APIs, I see a lot of elements for such an API around (JavaBeans, JCA,
....), but I'm afraid of spending another month of studying all those APIs in
detail and doing it myself.

Does anybody know such a beast? I'm sure I'm not alone with this
challenge...

Regards,
Christian

Christian Schlichtherle

Hmmm...

I couldn't find anything looking for any combination of "Java", "License" or
"Licensing". Could you be more specific please? It would be greatly
appreciated. I just need some advice where to look...

Thomas Weidenfeller

Christian said:
Hmmm...

I couldn't find anything looking for any combination of "Java", "License" or
"Licensing". Could you be more specific please? It would be greatly
appreciated. I just need some advice where to look...

Which is not surprising "Cindi" is spamming the group for month now with
advertising for that particular blog. Someone is desperate to increase
the blog's page ranking, I( would guess.

See e.g.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1105196610.006117.292200@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com
(note the subject line).

I don't know if the owner "James McGovern" - self appointed "Number Two
Blogger on the Internet" and "co-author of the bestselling book ..." is
aware of it.

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

The spamming included spreading fud like:

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

One might note that "Cindi" posts form a SBC netblock in Connecticut (CT
is Connecticut, right?), and the blog owner states his location as
"Connecticut, USA").

For all the fun from "Cindi":

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

/Thomas