Looking for Java mapping programe(XML --> Relatinal database schema)

Heejeong Lee

I am going to begin following project

Description of the project:

One of the proposed ways of storing XML is to "shred" the structure of
the XML document and
insert it into a relational DBMS. To do this, I will consider the
query
workload over the XML document. The purpose of this project is to
identify a cost-based approach to
XML decomposition taking into account a query workload. Different
query workloads will lead to
different decompositions of the same XML document.

For starting, I am looking for Java sauce code( XML - > RDB schema).
And then I will make a query specific algoritm and use it with Java
mapping program
to generate RDB schema.

So, my questions:
1) Is there a java mapping programe (an xml file to a database)?
2) Is there any available algorithm to use for this?

Any comments will be appreciated!!
Thanks,

perry

yes, your application is typical for XML - keep looking rather than
reinvent the wheel on this one.

- perry