Looking for Java mapping programe(XML --> Relatinal database schema)

Discussion in 'XML' started by Heejeong Lee, May 25, 2004.

  1. Heejeong Lee

    Heejeong Lee Guest

    I am going to begin following project

    Description of the project:

    One of the proposed ways of storing XML is to "shred" the structure of
    the XML document and
    insert it into a relational DBMS. To do this, I will consider the
    query
    workload over the XML document. The purpose of this project is to
    identify a cost-based approach to
    XML decomposition taking into account a query workload. Different
    query workloads will lead to
    different decompositions of the same XML document.

    For starting, I am looking for Java sauce code( XML - > RDB schema).
    And then I will make a query specific algoritm and use it with Java
    mapping program
    to generate RDB schema.

    So, my questions:
    1) Is there a java mapping programe (an xml file to a database)?
    2) Is there any available algorithm to use for this?

    Any comments will be appreciated!!
    Thanks,

    Heejeong Lee, May 25, 2004

  2. Heejeong Lee

    perry Guest

    Re: Looking for Java mapping programe(XML --> Relatinal databaseschema)

    yes, your application is typical for XML - keep looking rather than
    reinvent the wheel on this one.

    - perry

    perry, May 25, 2004