    just a VHDL code for LFSR ( 8 bits ) to be implemented on Spartan 3
    XC3S200
    , Feb 28, 2007

  2. Andrew FPGA Guest

    On Mar 1, 11:53 am, wrote:
    > I really Need it
    > just a VHDL code for LFSR ( 8 bits ) to be implemented on Spartan 3
    > XC3S200

    Sure I can post the code for you. But first a few questions. What
    polynomial do you want to use for the LFSR?

    Regards
    Andrew
    Andrew FPGA, Mar 1, 2007

  3. On 28 Feb., 23:53, wrote:
    > just a VHDL code for LFSR ( 8 bits )

    LFSR <= LFSR (6 downto 0) & (LFSR(7) xor LFSR(6));

    You should ensure the polynome fits your needs.

    bye Thomas
    Thomas Stanka, Mar 1, 2007
  4. Martin Jones Guest

    You can download a fun little app to mess about with LFSRs at this link:

    http://www.jnicolle.com/?page=LFSR

    Martin

    Martin Jones, Mar 1, 2007
  5. wrote:
    > I really Need it
    > just a VHDL code for LFSR ( 8 bits ) to be implemented on Spartan 3
    > XC3S200

    See the function randomize
    and the constant mask_c
    in the testbench here:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Mar 1, 2007
  6. OutputLogic

    Joined:
    May 20, 2009
    Messages:
    8
    Online Parallel Scrambler generator

    There is an online tool that generates a Verilog code for an LFSR with different polynomial sizes and coefficients. It's on "http OutputLogic dot com" [sorry, this site doesn't let me post a link in a regular way]

    Hope that helps
    OutputLogic, May 22, 2009