looking for library to read ppt files

Aljosa Mohorovic

i'm looking for a way to read ppt (powerpoint) files using python and
to convert slides into jpeg files.
any links or tips how to do this?

kyosohma

I suppose you could also use the win32 module and the COM object to
grab the info from the slide and then use the PIL module to create a
jpeg. Sounds like a lot of head banging to me, but it might be an
interesting project.

For info on accessing PowerPoint with Python, see links below:

http://www.p-nand-q.com/python/ms_office.html

Also see Hammond's "Python Programming on Win32" book or Chun's Core
Python Programming". Both have some examples of accessing MS Apps.

PIL can be found at: http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

Mike

Aljosa Mohorovic

Not really a Python question but Google turned up:
it is a python question. i'm not looking for a program, i'm looking
for a library.
my goal is to convert ppt to jpegs but later i wish to convert to swf
and maybe implement animations
I suppose you could also use the win32 module and the COM object to
grab the info from the slide and then use the PIL module to create a
jpeg. Sounds like a lot of head banging to me, but it might be an
interesting project.
i can't use win32 because it should work on linux since it will be
used as server-side application.

Carsten Haese

it is a python question. i'm not looking for a program, i'm looking
for a library.
my goal is to convert ppt to jpegs but later i wish to convert to swf
and maybe implement animations

i can't use win32 because it should work on linux since it will be
used as server-side application.

How about running a headless OpenOffice instance and remote-controlling
it with pyuno:

http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html

-Carsten