    I am looking for a math library which enables
    the calculation of rational numbers.

    Michael Mueller

    Michael Mueller, Nov 5, 2006

  2. Michael Mueller

    fermineutron Guest

    Michael Mueller wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a math library which enables
    > the calculation of rational numbers.
    >
    > Michael Mueller

    what's wrong with standard C library? I am afraid you have to be more
    speciic about your library needs if standard C library is not suitable
    for you.

    fermineutron, Nov 5, 2006

  3. "fermineutron" <> writes:
    > Michael Mueller wrote:
    >> I am looking for a math library which enables
    >> the calculation of rational numbers.
    >>

    > what's wrong with standard C library? I am afraid you have to be more
    > speciic about your library needs if standard C library is not suitable
    > for you.

    The standard C library has no support for rational numbers (numbers
    represented as ratios of integers).

    I think the Gnu MP library supports arithmetic on arbitrary-precision
    rational numbers.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 5, 2006
  4. Michael Mueller

    Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > "fermineutron" <> writes:
    > > Michael Mueller wrote:
    > >> I am looking for a math library which enables
    > >> the calculation of rational numbers.
    > >>

    > > what's wrong with standard C library? I am afraid you have to be more
    > > speciic about your library needs if standard C library is not suitable
    > > for you.

    > The standard C library has no support for rational numbers (numbers
    > represented as ratios of integers).
    >
    > I think the Gnu MP library supports arithmetic on arbitrary-precision
    > rational numbers.

    Yes, it does. And not just supports them, but will
    automatically reduce to lowest terms, so that

    5/6 + 5/6 = 5/3

    Highly recommended.

    , Nov 5, 2006
  5. wrote:
    >>I think the Gnu MP library supports arithmetic on arbitrary-precision
    >>rational numbers.

    > Yes, it does. And not just supports them, but will
    > automatically reduce to lowest terms, so that
    >
    > 5/6 + 5/6 = 5/3
    >
    > Highly recommended.

    Thank you very much.

    That is exactly what I am looking for.