Looking for multithreaded applications for a Benchmark to a disributed JVM

Assaf Harel

Hi,

We're writing a distributed shared memory JVM, and we have to create our own
benchmark utility to demonstrate its performance comparing to other JVMs.
For many reasons, regarding our specific JVM implementation, we can't use
standard benchmarks such as Java Grande, and have to tailor our own
benchmark suite. Never the less, we want to use publicly available software.

a standard application fit to our needs will have to be an open source,
multithreaded application, that solve some "NP hard" computational problem
by dividing it to N threads, but can be any computational hard,
multithreaded, open source application (like image processing, exhaustive
key search, etc).

I've already spent few weeks searching the web for such applications (we
need tens of them), and found very few, so if you can direct me to such
sources, i'll appreciate it very much (and the authors will be credited, of
course, as contributors to the package).

Thanx a lot,

Assaf Harel, an MSc student
at the CS department, The Technion.