looking for page that shows every colour available

Wayne...

I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available colour that
you could come up with in dreamweaver. But after a system crash I lost it
and have been unable to find it again. If any one knows of something like
this please pass me the link or failing that a bit of php cpode that would
generate it onto a page.
Thanks in advance.

Wayne...

Michael Wilcox

The said:
There are 216 in all. 6*6*6 =)

I think it's actually several thousand. There's so-called websafe
colors, but since most monitors in use can render colors in the
thousands, these charts are obsolete. Nevertheless, they are a good
reference if you'd like a wide selection of colors and don't know where
to begin (although I think most of those colors are pretty nasty).

If you want a big range, try something like Color Set
<http://webtools.arisesoft.com/colorset/>

Toby A Inkster

The said:
There are 216 in all. 6*6*6 =)

The 216-colour palette is cargo cult nonsense. It once made sense -- way
back when a significant number of users had 256 colour displays.

These days there's no point in restricting yourself to 6*6*6 = 216 when
you can use any of 256*256*256 = 16,777,216 different colours.

Whitecrest

The 216-colour palette is cargo cult nonsense. It once made sense -- way
back when a significant number of users had 256 colour displays.
These days there's no point in restricting yourself to 6*6*6 = 216 when
you can use any of 256*256*256 = 16,777,216 different colours.

What about color blind people? Isn't that discrimination?

Mark Parnell

What about color blind people? Isn't that discrimination?

Only if the colours you pick don't contrast enough. The first colour you
use can be any of those 16,777,216 colours - you just have to make sure
that the other colours contrast enough with that one.

Andy Dingley

I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available colour

www.bookmarklets.com has a handy viewer for the magic 216 colour set
(and other stuff too).

It's far from all the colours you can have, but it's a handy ref for
when you just need to pick a few distinct colours and get on with
things.

Andrew Urquhart

*Wayne...* said:
I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available
colour that you could come up with in dreamweaver. But after a
system crash I lost it and have been unable to find it again. If any
one knows of something like this please pass me the link or failing
that a bit of php cpode that would generate it onto a page.
Thanks in advance.

If you have a fast machine, and don't mind a javascript-only webpage,
then there are quite a few colours to choose from with the DHTML colour
picker I cobbled together: www.andrewu.co.uk/tools/colourpicker/
--
Andrew Urquhart
- FAQ: www.html-faq.com/

The Doormouse

Toby A Inkster said:
These days there's no point in restricting yourself to 6*6*6

It's the mark of the BEAST >:)
PROOF that the INTERNET is the work of the DEVIL!!!

*smilez*

The Doormouse

Barry Pearson

tom

I once saw a similar type of color related site. This one had a color
wheel and explained complimentary and contrasting colors. It was done
very well, and it made picking colors very efficient.

Does anyone remember this site, or have a similar one?

By the way thanks to everyone who posted a url about color. I tried
them all and found some good ones I have bookmarked. So thanks again

AF

I once saw a similar type of color related site. This one had a color
wheel and explained complimentary and contrasting colors. It was done
very well, and it made picking colors very efficient.

Does anyone remember this site, or have a similar one?

By the way thanks to everyone who posted a url about color. I tried
them all and found some good ones I have bookmarked. So thanks again

What a great idea. Anyone have any idea about this. I think I saw
something similar a while back, but can not remember where.