    generate it onto a page.
    Thanks in advance.

    Wayne...

    Wayne..., Apr 28, 2004

  2. "Wayne..." <> wrote:

    > I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available colour
    > that you could come up with in dreamweaver.

    Both "Black" AND "White"? Woot! =)

    Try this:
    http://www.visibone.com/colorlab/

    There are 216 in all. 6*6*6 =)

    The Doormouse

    The Doormouse, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Wayne...

    Whitecrest Guest

    Whitecrest, Apr 28, 2004
  4. The Doormouse wrote:
    > There are 216 in all. 6*6*6 =)

    I think it's actually several thousand. There's so-called websafe
    colors, but since most monitors in use can render colors in the
    thousands, these charts are obsolete. Nevertheless, they are a good
    reference if you'd like a wide selection of colors and don't know where
    to begin (although I think most of those colors are pretty nasty).

    If you want a big range, try something like Color Set
    <http://webtools.arisesoft.com/colorset/>
    --
    Michael Wilcox, http://mikewilcox.t35.com/

    Michael Wilcox, Apr 28, 2004
  5. The Doormouse wrote:

    > There are 216 in all. 6*6*6 =)

    The 216-colour palette is cargo cult nonsense. It once made sense -- way
    back when a significant number of users had 256 colour displays.

    These days there's no point in restricting yourself to 6*6*6 = 216 when
    you can use any of 256*256*256 = 16,777,216 different colours.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Apr 28, 2004
  6. Wayne...

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > The 216-colour palette is cargo cult nonsense. It once made sense -- way
    > back when a significant number of users had 256 colour displays.
    > These days there's no point in restricting yourself to 6*6*6 = 216 when
    > you can use any of 256*256*256 = 16,777,216 different colours.

    What about color blind people? Isn't that discrimination?
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Apr 28, 2004
  7. Wayne...

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:38:09 -0400, Whitecrest
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > What about color blind people? Isn't that discrimination?

    Only if the colours you pick don't contrast enough. The first colour you
    use can be any of those 16,777,216 colours - you just have to make sure
    that the other colours contrast enough with that one.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Apr 29, 2004
  8. Wayne...

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:34:12 +0100, "Wayne..."
    <> wrote:

    >I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available colour

    www.bookmarklets.com has a handy viewer for the magic 216 colour set
    (and other stuff too).

    It's far from all the colours you can have, but it's a handy ref for
    when you just need to pick a few distinct colours and get on with
    things.
    --
    Smert' spamionam

    Andy Dingley, Apr 29, 2004
  9. *Wayne...* wrote:
    > I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available
    > colour that you could come up with in dreamweaver. But after a
    > system crash I lost it and have been unable to find it again. If any
    > one knows of something like this please pass me the link or failing
    > that a bit of php cpode that would generate it onto a page.
    > Thanks in advance.

    If you have a fast machine, and don't mind a javascript-only webpage,
    then there are quite a few colours to choose from with the DHTML colour
    picker I cobbled together: www.andrewu.co.uk/tools/colourpicker/
    --
    Andrew Urquhart
    - FAQ: www.html-faq.com/

    Andrew Urquhart, Apr 29, 2004
  10. Wayne...

    Mabden Guest

    Mabden, Apr 29, 2004
  11. Toby A Inkster <> wrote:

    > These days there's no point in restricting yourself to 6*6*6

    It's the mark of the BEAST >:)
    PROOF that the INTERNET is the work of the DEVIL!!!

    *smilez*

    The Doormouse

    The Doormouse, Apr 29, 2004
  12. The Doormouse, Apr 29, 2004
  13. Mark Parnell wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:38:09 -0400, Whitecrest
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    >> What about color blind people? Isn't that discrimination?

    > Only if the colours you pick don't contrast enough. The first colour
    > you use can be any of those 16,777,216 colours - you just have to
    > make sure that the other colours contrast enough with that one.

    And these sites are instructive.

    To see things as a colour-blind person might:
    http://www.vischeck.com/
    http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/vischeckURL.php

    To check for sufficient contrast:
    http://www.juicystudio.com/services/colourcontrast.asp

    --
    Barry Pearson
    http://www.BirdsAndAnimals.info/

    Barry Pearson, Apr 29, 2004
  14. Wayne...

    tom Guest

    I once saw a similar type of color related site. This one had a color
    wheel and explained complimentary and contrasting colors. It was done
    very well, and it made picking colors very efficient.

    Does anyone remember this site, or have a similar one?

    By the way thanks to everyone who posted a url about color. I tried
    them all and found some good ones I have bookmarked. So thanks again

    tom, May 3, 2004
  15. Wayne...

    AF Guest

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 16:32:11 GMT, tom <> wrote:

    >I once saw a similar type of color related site. This one had a color
    >wheel and explained complimentary and contrasting colors. It was done
    >very well, and it made picking colors very efficient.
    >
    >Does anyone remember this site, or have a similar one?
    >
    >By the way thanks to everyone who posted a url about color. I tried
    >them all and found some good ones I have bookmarked. So thanks again

    What a great idea. Anyone have any idea about this. I think I saw
    something similar a while back, but can not remember where.

    AF, May 3, 2004
  16. Toby A Inkster, May 3, 2004