    drive, drives, ram, etc. I had a Perl script a while ago that did this
    but need an asp script.

    Appreciate any help.
    Burt Lewis, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Burt Lewis

    Ray at Guest

    Okay, which part do you need help with? Where are you stuck? Pulling the
    component prices from a database? Summing the values? Using multiplication
    for quantities of items selected? What?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Burt Lewis

    Chris Barber Guest

    That's a pretty big thing to ask for in a newsgroup - would take some of us
    1/2 a day and others a couple of days I suspect.

    What specifically are you having a problem with? Since you wrote it in Perl
    then I'm sure a little goggling for VBScript syntax would allow you to do it
    relatively easily.

    Chris.

    Chris Barber, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Burt Lewis

    Burt Lewis Guest

    Hi again,

    Sorry if I wasn't clear, let me help you out. I posted this here
    seeking help in finding a shareware script that is already built. I
    have searched the many asp script archive sites and can't find one.

    Hope this helps to clear up the confusion of this request.
    Burt Lewis, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Burt Lewis

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 10 Dec 2003 11:11:06 -0800, (Burt Lewis) wrote:

    >Sorry if I wasn't clear, let me help you out. I posted this here
    >seeking help in finding a shareware script that is already built. I
    >have searched the many asp script archive sites and can't find one.
    >
    >Hope this helps to clear up the confusion of this request.

    I haven't seen one pre-written that is this specific, but any point of
    sale script should be able to do a similar thing.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Burt Lewis

    mark | r Guest

    "Burt Lewis" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a sample script I can modify that will calculate the
    > price of a PC based on chosen selections and prices such as case, hard
    > drive, drives, ram, etc. I had a Perl script a while ago that did this
    > but need an asp script.
    >
    > Appreciate any help.

    we built one... www.nemarkcomputers.co.uk click on pc builder

    costs about £3000 if you want it!

    it also tracks the built items and saves them so people can come back and
    check the prices as they change.

    mark
    mark | r, Dec 11, 2003