Looking for people to take over some packages

skip

I'm shifting life gears, trying to get away from the computer more during my
hours away from work. As part of that, I'm looking to get out of the
package authorship/maintenance business. Currently, I am officially listed
as the "maintainer" (I use that term loosely - I really do very little at
this time) of the following packages on PyPI (http://pypi.python.org/):

bsddb185
lockfile
spambayes
tb

Some time ago Ben Finney offered to take over lockfile. He doesn't want to
horse around with Google Code and I don't want to learn how to use
git/github just to make the existing code available to him. Perhaps someone
with both Google Code and Github accounts can facilitate the exchange.

Taking over the SpamBayes package probably implies a committment to greater
involvement in the SpamBayes project (so be careful before you volunteer).
It's worth poking around http://www.spambayes.org/.

Bsddb185 is just a repackaging of the old bsddb185 module which got dropped
from the Python core some years ago. It probably gets very little use, but
last I looked, there were still some systems which used that versy of
Berkeley DB.

Tb provides a couple alternate traceback formatting functions. The
compact_traceback function is an adaptation of the one generated by
asyncore. The verbose_traceback function includes local variable values in
the trace.

If you have any interest in helping with any of these, let me know.

Chris Withers

I don't see a need to horse around with Git either :) It's currently in
Subversion, right? Can you not export the VCS history from Google Code's
Subversion repository to a ‘fastimport’ stream? Maybe someone with
experience on that site can help us.

What's wrong with a "git svn clone svn-url-here" ?

Chris