looking for Perl coder help..

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by xman, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. xman

    xman Guest

    xman, Aug 29, 2005

  2. xman

    Paul Lalli Guest

    xman wrote:
    > I am looking for Perl coder help.. Romania, Russia, India.. I am post in
    > MISC group and I expect that I am not bother people so much :)

    If you are looking to hire someone, please try one of the groups that
    includes "jobs" in its name. This group is for helping people learn
    Perl, critique their code, and debug their Perl scripts.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Aug 29, 2005

  3. xman

    xman Guest

    > If you are looking to hire someone, please try one of the groups that
    > includes "jobs" in its name.

    RE: too generic groups.. only copy-paste newspaper jobs on all places!
    mayve someone will open one day Perl job newsgroup :)

    This group is for helping people learn
    > Perl, critique their code, and debug their Perl scripts.

    RE: I need it same :)

    xman, Aug 29, 2005
  4. xman

    Paul Lalli Guest

    xman wrote:
    > > If you are looking to hire someone, please try one of the groups that
    > > includes "jobs" in its name.

    > RE: too generic groups.. only copy-paste newspaper jobs on all places!
    > mayve someone will open one day Perl job newsgroup :)

    The fact that you dislike the jobs group is not sufficient
    justification for spamming other groups.

    > > This group is for helping people learn
    > > Perl, critique their code, and debug their Perl scripts.

    > RE: I need it same :)

    Oh? Then perhaps I missed the question you asked that actually had to
    do with Perl? All you posted was a request for people to fill out a
    job application.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Aug 29, 2005
  5. xman

    Peter Scott Guest

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:14:45 +0200, xman wrote:
    >> If you are looking to hire someone, please try one of the groups that
    >> includes "jobs" in its name.

    > RE: too generic groups.. only copy-paste newspaper jobs on all places!
    > mayve someone will open one day Perl job newsgroup :)

    They have. When you submit your job opening to http://jobs.perl.org/, it
    is posted to the newsgroup perl.jobs through the server nntp.perl.org.

    --
    Peter Scott
    http://www.perlmedic.com/

    Peter Scott, Aug 30, 2005
  6. On 2005-08-29, xman <> wrote:

    > I have job description here:
    > http://freelance.dbperl.com/cgi-bin/freelance/project.cgi?id=1125330070

    You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

    Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
    groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
    technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.

    Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
    "news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. :) (If
    n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/news/news.announce.newusers.html)
    Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
    news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
    http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).

    Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
    postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
    mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
    probably already notified them as well.

    If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
    administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.

    http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you

    Yours for a better usenet,

    dha

    Why *isn't* there a Widget::Gonzo module?

    David H. Adler, Aug 31, 2005