    I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
    All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
    If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.
    Richard, Dec 10, 2004

  2. Richard

    lime Guest

    "Richard" wrote in message ...
    >A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to html
    > output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the
    > original.
    > The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
    > I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
    > All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
    > If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.

    There was a *great* one but unfortunately the website no longer exists (it
    existed about 6 months ago, last time I looked was about 3 months ago and I
    deleted the shortcut) Hopefully someone comes up with some suggestions....

    --
    Helen, lime, et al.
    lime, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Richard

    Geoff Tucker Guest

    http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage
    Geoff Tucker, Dec 10, 2004
  4. Richard

    CPA Guest

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:59:03 -0000, "Geoff Tucker"
    <> wrote:

    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    > > A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to

    > html
    > > output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the

    > original.
    > > The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
    > > I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
    > > All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
    > > If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.
    > >

    > http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage

    Tried the image conversion - doesn't work here?

    Charles.Angelich

    tech:
    http://www.devedia.com/dosghost/
    arts:
    http://www.devedia.com/dosghost/faf/
    music
    http://www.devedia.com/dosghost/dos/samples.asp
    CPA, Dec 10, 2004
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Geoff Tucker wrote:

    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >> A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to

    > html
    >> output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the

    > original.
    >> The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
    >> I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
    >> All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
    >> If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.
    >>

    > http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage

    Thanks. That was it. I instantly recognized the image of "arnie" and knew.
    Richard, Dec 10, 2004
  6. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to
    > html output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the
    > original. The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
    > I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
    > All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
    > If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.

    http://geocities.com/r_bullis/ascii/sg1-001.htm

    Sample of the output artwork.
    Richard, Dec 10, 2004
  7. Richard

    Richard Guest

    CPA wrote:

    > On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:59:03 -0000, "Geoff Tucker"
    > <> wrote:

    >> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    > >> A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to

    >> html
    > >> output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the

    >> original.
    > >> The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
    > >> I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
    > >> All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
    > >> If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.
    > >>

    >> http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage
    >>

    > Tried the image conversion - doesn't work here?

    Click on "load image" on the bottom.
    Then select one of the radio buttons on the top for styling.
    Richard, Dec 10, 2004
  8. Richard

    CPA Guest

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:48:59 -0600, "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001>
    wrote:

    > CPA wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:59:03 -0000, "Geoff Tucker"
    > > <> wrote:

    > >> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    > >> html
    > >> original.
    > > >>

    > >> http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage
    > >>

    > > Tried the image conversion - doesn't work here?

    > Click on "load image" on the bottom.
    > Then select one of the radio buttons on the top for styling.

    OK, got it now. For some reason the application opened with a reduced
    height that did not show the "load image" etc. at the bottom. When
    you mentioned "bottom" it tipped me off to stretch out the image
    height onscreen and there were the missing functions.

    It works but not well on any graphics I have onhand right now. Seems
    to do best on flesh tones or something?

    CPA, Dec 11, 2004