looking for program

ross

Looking for program that will upload massive amounts of jpegs in 100 size
and 400 size to web site. I appreciate this newsgroup. Take care, Dick Ross

Roy Schestowitz

ross said:
Looking for program that will upload massive amounts of jpegs in 100 size
and 400 size to web site. I appreciate this newsgroup. Take care, Dick
Ross

If you are strictly talking about "uploads", then that program is called an
FTP Client. Free programs include:

http://gftp.seul.org/ gFTP for Linux

http://www.cuteftp.com/ CuteFTP for Windows

If you are looking for a thumbnailing program (which sounds quite likely),
you have powerful, free programs for that too.

Gallery < http://gallery.sourceforge.net/ > creates thumbnails and supports
mass uploads via FTP.

Roy

ross

Thanks for the fast reply. I am doing photos for events at a few hundred at
a time and need to do a site with both thumbnails and 400 pixels pictures. I
will look at this. Thanks again, Dick Ross

ross

I can do the FTP just fine and I have looked at the massive upload of
photos, but I am now efficient with PHP as required with the source forge
software. I am hoping there are ideas out there? Thanks, Dick Ross

Travis Newbury

ross said:
Thanks for the fast reply. I am doing photos for events at a few hundred at
a time and need to do a site with both thumbnails and 400 pixels pictures. I
will look at this. Thanks again, Dick Ross

If you are doing events, and hundreds of photos, then you might want to
use Photoshop's web image automation. It lets you decided how you want
the images displayed, and will create thumbs and resize the originals
how ever you like.

ross

Thanks for the reply. I think that I need a program to make the links from
the small image to the large image automatically and then a way to install
them into an html page. Is that correct? I appreciate your help. Dick Ross

Stan McCann

Thanks for the reply. I think that I need a program to make the
links from the small image to the large image automatically and then
a way to install them into an html page. Is that correct? I
appreciate your help. Dick Ross

Please don't top post.

I use a program that builds pages for me, thumbnails, medium size
(configurable) and the full picture all linked together. Just run it
in a directory full of pictures. It is a Perl script so you need Perl
installed. You can get it here: http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/album
For an example of how I use it and the code it generates, see
http://stanmccann.us/pics/

ross

I did indeed answer this need in Dreamweaver....using Commands/create web
photo album... works very quick and does all the desired goals. Dick Ross

Travis Newbury

ross said:
Thanks for the reply. I think that I need a program to make the links from
the small image to the large image automatically and then a way to install
them into an html page. Is that correct? I appreciate your help. Dick Ross

Yes photoshop does all of that for you automatically. But one would
not buy it for this feature, it simply costs to much. This is only a
solution for your if you already own photoshop