    ross Guest

    Looking for program that will upload massive amounts of jpegs in 100 size
    and 400 size to web site. I appreciate this newsgroup. Take care, Dick Ross

    ross, Jun 26, 2005

  2. ross wrote:

    > Looking for program that will upload massive amounts of jpegs in 100 size
    > and 400 size to web site. I appreciate this newsgroup. Take care, Dick
    > Ross

    If you are strictly talking about "uploads", then that program is called an
    FTP Client. Free programs include:

    http://gftp.seul.org/ gFTP for Linux

    http://www.cuteftp.com/ CuteFTP for Windows

    If you are looking for a thumbnailing program (which sounds quite likely),
    you have powerful, free programs for that too.

    Gallery < http://gallery.sourceforge.net/ > creates thumbnails and supports
    mass uploads via FTP.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Jun 26, 2005

  3. ross

    mscir Guest

    ross wrote:

    > Looking for program that will upload massive amounts of jpegs in 100 size
    > and 400 size to web site. I appreciate this newsgroup. Take care, Dick Ross

    I like filezilla (freeware, full-featured):

    http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

    Mike

    mscir, Jun 26, 2005
  4. ross

    ross Guest

    Thanks for the fast reply. I am doing photos for events at a few hundred at
    a time and need to do a site with both thumbnails and 400 pixels pictures. I
    will look at this. Thanks again, Dick Ross

    ross, Jun 26, 2005
  5. ross

    ross Guest

    I can do the FTP just fine and I have looked at the massive upload of
    photos, but I am now efficient with PHP as required with the source forge
    software. I am hoping there are ideas out there? Thanks, Dick Ross

    ross, Jun 26, 2005
  6. ross wrote:
    > Thanks for the fast reply. I am doing photos for events at a few hundred at
    > a time and need to do a site with both thumbnails and 400 pixels pictures. I
    > will look at this. Thanks again, Dick Ross

    If you are doing events, and hundreds of photos, then you might want to
    use Photoshop's web image automation. It lets you decided how you want
    the images displayed, and will create thumbs and resize the originals
    how ever you like.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Jun 26, 2005
  7. ross

    ross Guest

    Thanks for the reply. I think that I need a program to make the links from
    the small image to the large image automatically and then a way to install
    them into an html page. Is that correct? I appreciate your help. Dick Ross

    ross, Jun 27, 2005
  8. ross

    Stan McCann Guest

    "ross" <> wrote in

    > Thanks for the reply. I think that I need a program to make the
    > links from the small image to the large image automatically and then
    > a way to install them into an html page. Is that correct? I
    > appreciate your help. Dick Ross

    Please don't top post.

    I use a program that builds pages for me, thumbnails, medium size
    (configurable) and the full picture all linked together. Just run it
    in a directory full of pictures. It is a Perl script so you need Perl
    installed. You can get it here: http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/album
    For an example of how I use it and the code it generates, see
    http://stanmccann.us/pics/

    http://alamo.nmsu.edu/ There are 10 kinds of people.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

    Stan McCann, Jun 27, 2005
  9. ross

    ross Guest

    I did indeed answer this need in Dreamweaver....using Commands/create web
    photo album... works very quick and does all the desired goals. Dick Ross

    ross, Jul 2, 2005
  10. ross wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply. I think that I need a program to make the links from
    > the small image to the large image automatically and then a way to install
    > them into an html page. Is that correct? I appreciate your help. Dick Ross

    Yes photoshop does all of that for you automatically. But one would
    not buy it for this feature, it simply costs to much. This is only a
    solution for your if you already own photoshop

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Jul 4, 2005