    Any and all information and suggestions are welcome.

    Thanks!

    -- Dave
    Dave, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Dave

    Jeff Epler Guest

    Jeff Epler, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Dave

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > Greetings!
    > Python22 is installed on my WINXP Home PC.
    > I have no idea what is does, or why it is installed.
    > I am not a programmer and do not know what purpose this program provides to
    > me.
    >
    > Any and all information and suggestions are welcome.

    Read this:

    http://www.python.org/doc/faq/installed.html

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Dave wrote:
    > Greetings!
    > Python22 is installed on my WINXP Home PC.
    > I have no idea what is does, or why it is installed.
    > I am not a programmer and do not know what purpose this program provides to
    > me.
    >
    > Any and all information and suggestions are welcome.

    Is your computer an HP or Compaq model? HP/Compaq's utilities are
    written in Python.

    --
    Andres Rosado
    Email:

    A man wrapped up in himself is a very small bundle.
    -- Benjamin Franklin
    Andres Rosado-Sepulveda, Apr 14, 2004
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Andres,
    Yes, my PC is a Compaq.
    Thank you for the information.

    -- Dave

    Dave, Apr 14, 2004
  6. In article <>, Dave wrote:

    > Python22 is installed on my WINXP Home PC.
    > I have no idea what is does, or why it is installed.

    You mean they didn't also install Perl, awk, sed, bash, grep, find, and gcc?*
    Any modern computer will ship with at least 40GB of drive space, and those
    things are free, so why not?

    Python is an interpreted programming language. You're vendor probably
    needed a Python interpreter for some extra functionality. Or maybe they are
    just really thoughtful folks, because they have made it easier for you to
    run Python programs written by other people (not that installing Python is
    hard), and also easier for people who want to write Python programs for you.

    *To remedy these crippling deficiencies, go to http://cygwin.com

    Dave Cook
    David M. Cook, Apr 14, 2004
  7. Dave

    Garry Knight Guest

    In message <>, Dave wrote:

    > Python22 is installed on my WINXP Home PC.
    > I have no idea what is does, or why it is installed.

    You posted this to comp.lang.python. The 'comp.lang' bit stands for
    'computer language'.

    --
    Garry Knight
    ICQ 126351135