Looking for Python Definition

Dave

Greetings!
Python22 is installed on my WINXP Home PC.
I have no idea what is does, or why it is installed.
I am not a programmer and do not know what purpose this program provides to
me.

Any and all information and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

-- Dave

Andres Rosado-Sepulveda

Dave said:
Greetings!
Python22 is installed on my WINXP Home PC.
I have no idea what is does, or why it is installed.
I am not a programmer and do not know what purpose this program provides to
me.

Any and all information and suggestions are welcome.

Is your computer an HP or Compaq model? HP/Compaq's utilities are
written in Python.

--
Andres Rosado
Email: (e-mail address removed)

A man wrapped up in himself is a very small bundle.
-- Benjamin Franklin

David M. Cook

Python22 is installed on my WINXP Home PC.
I have no idea what is does, or why it is installed.

You mean they didn't also install Perl, awk, sed, bash, grep, find, and gcc?*
Any modern computer will ship with at least 40GB of drive space, and those
things are free, so why not?

Python is an interpreted programming language. You're vendor probably
needed a Python interpreter for some extra functionality. Or maybe they are
just really thoughtful folks, because they have made it easier for you to
run Python programs written by other people (not that installing Python is
hard), and also easier for people who want to write Python programs for you.

*To remedy these crippling deficiencies, go to http://cygwin.com

Dave Cook

Garry Knight

Python22 is installed on my WINXP Home PC.
I have no idea what is does, or why it is installed.

You posted this to comp.lang.python. The 'comp.lang' bit stands for
'computer language'.