Looking for Python Finite State Machine Implementations

Leonard J. Reder

Hello,

Although posted this a few weeks ago I still have gotten much feedback
so I want to put this out again and see if the response gets a bit more
interesting.

I have been searching on the web for a while now for a specific Python
implementation of an FSM. More specifically what I am looking
for is a Python implementation of the so called UML Harel State Machine
notion of a state machine. These are multi-threaded capable state
machines with hierarchical representation capability (nested
instances of state machines). They also have a unique conditional
trigger symbol scheme for event representation and state machine
transitions.

I have seen some great implementations of simple FSMs and some
interesting descriptions of how generator/yeild python keywords can be
used. I think python has all the pieces to make a Heral implementation.

Does anyone know of a Python implementation of FSM that comes close to
this functionality? Any comments or recommendation for FSM packages
that I could add this functionality to would also be welcome. I
certainly think someone has done something that approaches this already.

All replies are very much appreciated. If I get enough response I will
post a summary of findings to this group.

Thanks for reading this and any replies.

Regards,
Len

Leonard J. Reder
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Interferometry Systems and Technology Section 383
Email: (e-mail address removed)
Phone (Voice): 818-354-3639
Phone (FAX): 818-354-4357
Mail Address: