    If any one knows of anything, I may be helpful enough.

    Best Regards,
    Subhabrata.

    joy99, Jan 29, 2011

  2. joy99

    joy99 Guest

    On Jan 30, 2:49 am, Ben Finney <> wrote:
    > joy99 <> writes:
    > > I am looking for some remote Python Projects, which can be done from
    > > home.

    > > If any one knows of anything, I may be helpful enough.

    > One of the best ways to begin contributing is to fix bugs and provide
    > patches. For Python itself, see the Python bug tracker
    > <URL:http://bugs.python.org/>; for other projects, see the project's
    > site and browse its bug tracker.
    >
    > --
    >  \                “Please to bathe inside the tub.” —hotel room, Japan |
    >   `\                                                                   |
    > _o__)                                                                  |
    > Ben Finney

    Thanks Ben for a nice reply and suggestion. This experience will
    surely be rewarding one.
    But do you know whether it would be a paying one, I am looking to be a
    freelancer.
    From this room of expert Python programmers, developers I am trying to
    get nice suggestions.

    Wishing You a Happy Day Ahead,
    Best Regards,
    Subhabrata.

    joy99, Jan 30, 2011

  3. joy99

    Alan Meyer Guest

    On 01/29/2011 04:19 PM, joy99 wrote:
    > Dear Room,
    >
    > I am a Python Programmer from India(New Delhi Region), and I worked
    > for quite a long time in Bangalore. I have been working in Python for
    > the last 4 years or so. I have successfully built around 15 projects
    > in Python. I am looking for some remote Python Projects, which can be
    > done from home.
    >
    > If any one knows of anything, I may be helpful enough.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Subhabrata.

    Subharata,

    Would you be willing to tell us what a programmer with your level of
    experience typically charges per hour for his services?

    I'm not in a position to hire anyone, I'm just a programmer myself. But
    I'm curious about rates in India vs. the U.S., where I live and work.

    Thanks and good luck with your efforts to get work.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Feb 1, 2011
  4. joy99

    Subhabrata Guest

    On Feb 1, 8:45 am, Alan Meyer <> wrote:
    > On 01/29/2011 04:19 PM,joy99wrote:
    >
    > > Dear Room,

    > > I am a Python Programmer from India(New Delhi Region), and I worked
    > > for quite a long time in Bangalore. I have been working in Python for
    > > the last 4 years or so. I have successfully built around 15 projects
    > > in Python. I am looking for some remote Python Projects, which can be
    > > done from home.

    > > If any one knows of anything, I may be helpful enough.

    > > Best Regards,
    > > Subhabrata.

    > Subharata,
    >
    > Would you be willing to tell us what a programmer with your level of
    > experience typically charges per hour for his services?
    >
    > I'm not in a position to hire anyone, I'm just a programmer myself.  But
    > I'm curious about rates in India vs. the U.S., where I live and work.
    >
    > Thanks and good luck with your efforts to get work.
    >
    >      Alan

    Alan,
    Usually if any one pays USD 1 per hr in India it is good, USD 2 per
    hour is handsome,
    very rare people pay USD 3 to 4 per hour, but I know some people in
    India charge USD 20/25 per line I do not know their hourly rate but as
    I know they just run some consultancy and do not do any job.
    The people who give in range of USD 1-4/hr also gives some perks like
    performance related bonus, housing, medical, etc.
    But again rate varies. Delhi/Gurgaon gives highest pay, followed by
    Bangalore/Hyderabad, then comes Chennai, Mumbai gives moderate,
    Kolkata/Mysore/Bhubaneswar are casual players, they neither have
    serious places of work nor any good environment.
    In India, lots of development goes on in the government sector but
    right now they are paying very high, generally they pay 20-30% lower
    than private sector, but job security is there.

    Hope this information helps.
    Best Regards,
    Subhabrata.

    Subhabrata, Feb 1, 2011