Looking for Remote Python Project

joy99

Dear Room,

I am a Python Programmer from India(New Delhi Region), and I worked
for quite a long time in Bangalore. I have been working in Python for
the last 4 years or so. I have successfully built around 15 projects
in Python. I am looking for some remote Python Projects, which can be
done from home.

If any one knows of anything, I may be helpful enough.

Best Regards,
Subhabrata.

joy99

One of the best ways to begin contributing is to fix bugs and provide
patches. For Python itself, see the Python bug tracker
<URL:http://bugs.python.org/>; for other projects, see the project's
site and browse its bug tracker.

--
 \                “Please to bathe inside the tub.” —hotel room, Japan |
  `\                                                                   |

Thanks Ben for a nice reply and suggestion. This experience will
surely be rewarding one.
But do you know whether it would be a paying one, I am looking to be a
freelancer.
From this room of expert Python programmers, developers I am trying to
get nice suggestions.

Wishing You a Happy Day Ahead,
Best Regards,
Subhabrata.

Alan Meyer

Dear Room,

I am a Python Programmer from India(New Delhi Region), and I worked
for quite a long time in Bangalore. I have been working in Python for
the last 4 years or so. I have successfully built around 15 projects
in Python. I am looking for some remote Python Projects, which can be
done from home.

If any one knows of anything, I may be helpful enough.

Best Regards,
Subhabrata.

Subharata,

Would you be willing to tell us what a programmer with your level of
experience typically charges per hour for his services?

I'm not in a position to hire anyone, I'm just a programmer myself. But
I'm curious about rates in India vs. the U.S., where I live and work.

Thanks and good luck with your efforts to get work.

Alan

Subhabrata

Subharata,

Would you be willing to tell us what a programmer with your level of
experience typically charges per hour for his services?

I'm not in a position to hire anyone, I'm just a programmer myself.  But
I'm curious about rates in India vs. the U.S., where I live and work.

Thanks and good luck with your efforts to get work.

     Alan

Alan,
Usually if any one pays USD 1 per hr in India it is good, USD 2 per
hour is handsome,
very rare people pay USD 3 to 4 per hour, but I know some people in
India charge USD 20/25 per line I do not know their hourly rate but as
I know they just run some consultancy and do not do any job.
The people who give in range of USD 1-4/hr also gives some perks like
performance related bonus, housing, medical, etc.
But again rate varies. Delhi/Gurgaon gives highest pay, followed by
Bangalore/Hyderabad, then comes Chennai, Mumbai gives moderate,
Kolkata/Mysore/Bhubaneswar are casual players, they neither have
serious places of work nor any good environment.
In India, lots of development goes on in the government sector but
right now they are paying very high, generally they pay 20-30% lower
than private sector, but job security is there.

Hope this information helps.
Best Regards,
Subhabrata.