Looking for some books

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by MSDN, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. MSDN

    MSDN Guest

    I'm looking for some good books to increase our knowledge in ASP.NET

    We have several books here already: ASP.NET unleashed, XML for ASP.NET
    Developers, ASP.NET (Wrox), and ADO.NET development.

    What we're looking for are books that deal with topics like:
    Reflection, State Management, Interfaces, Connection Pooling, Control
    development (Basic and complex), etc.

    Half the developers here know how to code .NET. And use it regularily.
    We're converting the few linux guys to it now... they can kick and scream
    but it's no use.

    We already have great methodologies in place, and have great project
    management, we just need to boost our development process to utilize the
    full potential of ASP.NET.

    Any suggestions would be awesome!

    /RT
    C# Ninja.

    MSDN, Jan 21, 2005

  2. MSDN

    dwight0 Guest

    If you guys have each read at least one other ASP.NET book and
    understand it but still feel like something was missing I highly
    recommend 0-7356-1903-4 Programming Microsoft ASP.NET by Dino Esposito.
    It shows you just about everything you need to know. Unlike other
    books, it describes each topic in depth and its inner working and also
    it gets into details of things you'll run into that's other books
    have left out. It's mostly targeted for experienced developers but it
    does contain all information necessary for a newbie. It also shows you
    how to do things the code way instead of the wizzywig editors. This is
    a good thing because there's no way the designer can do everything
    for you. This book will allow you to use the full potential. Take note
    it's over 1000 pages. Hope this Helps.

    dwight0, Jan 21, 2005

  3. MSDN

    Jonas Blunck Guest

    Hi C# Ninja,

    I would recommend Fritz Onion's [1] Essential ASP.NET [2] for ASP.NET.
    It does not deal with ADO.NET stuff like connection-pooling though, or
    other generell .NET stuff like reflection, etc.

    / Jonas

    [1] http://pluralsight.com/blogs/fritz/default.aspx
    [2] http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201760401/102-8576901-1050509

    Jonas Blunck, Jan 21, 2005
  4. MSDN

    clintonG Guest

    "C# Class Design Handbook" published by WROX.

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    METROmilwaukee "Regional Information Services"

    clintonG, Jan 21, 2005