    1. How can I create java-docs ?
    2. What database is good and freeware for java ?

    Thanks :)

    Mr. X., Oct 4, 2007

  2. Mr. X.

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Stefan Ram, Oct 4, 2007

  3. Mr. X.

    Lew Guest

    Mr. X. wrote:
    > I am java developer, and I would like some guid lines to start with Java.
    > Forums, free & openned sources - where can I find ?

    GIYF.

    > New technologies on Java (I want to get an update when and where a new
    > technology reveals) ?
    >
    > Also :
    >
    > 1. How can I create java-docs [sic] ?

    Always start with java.sun.com.
    <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/javadoc/index.html>

    <http://developers.sun.com/javadb/>
    > Java DB is currently included with the Java SE Development Kit;

    There are others, e.g., PostgreSQL
    <http://www.postgresql.org/>

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 5, 2007
  4. Mr. X.

    Mr. X. Guest

    Thanks ...

    I forgot :
    Database should support Hebrew, and be rational db (use SQL).
    Are the databases you have mentioned support Hebrew & SQL ?
    (and also freeware ...)

    Thanks :)

    Mr. X., Oct 5, 2007
  5. Mr. X.

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 00:25:14 +0200, "Mr. X."
    <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsgroups.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingingstarted.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javadoc.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sql.html

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Oct 5, 2007
  6. Mr. X.

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 01:38:54 +0200, "Mr. X."
    someone who said :

    >Database should support Hebrew, and be rational db (use SQL).
    >Are the databases you have mentioned support Hebrew & SQL ?

    There are so many database engines I wonder what criteria people use
    to choose. Whatever those criteria are, I would be happy to add notes
    about on the SQL vendors page, if you have info.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sqlvendors.html

    Roedy Green, Oct 5, 2007
  7. Mr. X.

    David Segall Guest

    "Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote:

    >2. What database is good and freeware for java ?

    I list free ones here <http://database.profectus.com.au/>. "Good" will
    depend your requirements. They could be from "I need all the features
    of Oracle" to "I want to embed it in my application".

    David Segall, Oct 5, 2007
  8. Mr. X., 05.10.2007 01:38:
    > Thanks ...
    >
    > I forgot :
    > Database should support Hebrew, and be rational db (use SQL).
    > Are the databases you have mentioned support Hebrew & SQL ?
    > (and also freeware ...)
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Go for PostgreSQL (as suggested be Lew) it fits your requirements.

    Thomas

    Thomas Kellerer, Oct 5, 2007