Looking for some general attitudes on java.

Mr. X.

Hello.

I am java developer, and I would like some guid lines to start with Java.
Forums, free & openned sources - where can I find ?
New technologies on Java (I want to get an update when and where a new
technology reveals) ?

Also :

1. How can I create java-docs ?
2. What database is good and freeware for java ?

Thanks :)

Lew

Mr. X. said:
I am java developer, and I would like some guid lines to start with Java.
Forums, free & openned sources - where can I find ?
GIYF.

New technologies on Java (I want to get an update when and where a new
technology reveals) ?

Also :

1. How can I create java-docs [sic] ?

Always start with java.sun.com.
2. What database is good and freeware for java ?

Java DB is currently included with the Java SE Development Kit;

There are others, e.g., PostgreSQL
<http://www.postgresql.org/>

Mr. X.

Thanks ...

I forgot :
Database should support Hebrew, and be rational db (use SQL).
Are the databases you have mentioned support Hebrew & SQL ?
(and also freeware ...)

Thanks :)

Roedy Green

I am java developer, and I would like some guid lines to start with Java.
Forums, free & openned sources - where can I find ?
New technologies on Java (I want to get an update when and where a new
technology reveals) ?

Also :

1. How can I create java-docs ?
2. What database is good and freeware for java ?

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsgroups.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingingstarted.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javadoc.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sql.html

Roedy Green

Database should support Hebrew, and be rational db (use SQL).
Are the databases you have mentioned support Hebrew & SQL ?

There are so many database engines I wonder what criteria people use
to choose. Whatever those criteria are, I would be happy to add notes
about on the SQL vendors page, if you have info.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sqlvendors.html

Thomas Kellerer

Mr. X., 05.10.2007 01:38:
Thanks ...

I forgot :
Database should support Hebrew, and be rational db (use SQL).
Are the databases you have mentioned support Hebrew & SQL ?
(and also freeware ...)

Thanks :)
Go for PostgreSQL (as suggested be Lew) it fits your requirements.

Thomas