Looking for Stephen Turner, maintainer of informixdb

Carsten Haese

Hello everybody:

I have discovered that the functionality for connecting Python to an
Informix database is currently in a frustrating state of neglect. The
link to Kinfxdb is dead, and informixdb doesn't build on Python 2. I
couldn't find any usable workarounds to the build problem, so I worked
out successfully how to build informixdb using distutils.

Now I'd like to share the result with the community, but the maintainer
appears to have gone missing. My emails to (e-mail address removed) and
(e-mail address removed) have bounced back undeliverable, so now I'm
posting to the lists trying to locate Stephen.

If anybody has any pointers for locating Stephen Turner, please let me
know. If Stephen can't be located, I'd be willing to take over the
project, but I'd prefer the torch be given to me rather than me just
taking it.

Thanks,

Michael Husmann

Carsten said:
Hello everybody:

I have discovered that the functionality for connecting Python to an
Informix database is currently in a frustrating state of neglect. The
link to Kinfxdb is dead, and informixdb doesn't build on Python 2. I
couldn't find any usable workarounds to the build problem, so I worked
out successfully how to build informixdb using distutils.

Now I'd like to share the result with the community, but the maintainer
appears to have gone missing. My emails to (e-mail address removed) and
(e-mail address removed) have bounced back undeliverable, so now I'm
posting to the lists trying to locate Stephen.

If anybody has any pointers for locating Stephen Turner, please let me
know. If Stephen can't be located, I'd be willing to take over the
project, but I'd prefer the torch be given to me rather than me just
taking it.

Carsten,

haven't heard anything from Stephen either, but there are some extensions to
the informixdb module. I'll send the sources to you next week. So if you
like you can bundle everything in one package.

Kind greetings,
Michael

Carsten Haese

Carsten,

haven't heard anything from Stephen either, but there are some extensions to
the informixdb module. I'll send the sources to you next week. So if you
like you can bundle everything in one package.

Michael, I'd certainly like to take a look at those extensions. (I tried
to respond to you off-list, but my mail bounced back. Is this project
cursed or am I? :) I hope you're reading this, Michael.)

A week has gone by with no replies as to Stephen's whereabouts, and one
reply telling me that I can, in good faith, go ahead and release a fork.
Unless somebody tells me I should wait longer, I guess I'll do that.
Stay tuned for the announcement on when and where my fork will be
available.

Best regards,