Looking for system/network monitoring tool written in Python

Mike Meyer

I've found a fair number of systems/network monitoring tools (things
like Big Brother, Big Sister, cricket, etc.) written in Perl. I'm
curious if there are any written in Python.

Thanks,
<mike

Eddie Corns

Mike Meyer said:
I've found a fair number of systems/network monitoring tools (things
like Big Brother, Big Sister, cricket, etc.) written in Perl.

Depressing isn't it!
I'm curious if there are any written in Python.

I couldn't find any after extensive searching. I wasn't really looking for
Python solutions as such, more avoiding things in Perl/PHP etc. but I would
have noticed any Python ones. I won't bore you with my theories on why this
is.

Some applications such as nagios and moodss will at least allow you to write
your own scripts in Python. This is probably OK for small networks.

Eddie

Simon Brunning

I've found a fair number of systems/network monitoring tools (things
like Big Brother, Big Sister, cricket, etc.) written in Perl. I'm
curious if there are any written in Python.

There's EDDIE - <http://eddie-tool.net/>. I've never used it myself,
but I can confirm that its author, Chris, is a good bloke and can hold
his ale, for what that's worth. ;-)