    My apologies if this posting is OT.

    Thanks,
    Gus

    Generic Usenet Account, May 7, 2005

  2. Depending on what operating system you use, you can find plenty of good
    if not better opensource software.

    One good place is Source Forge (http://www.sf.net/). There are alot of
    GNU GPL/LGPL licensed projects here.

    You may also be interested in C++ compilers such as MinGW
    (http://www.mingw.org/), Dev-C++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/) --which is
    really just a good IDE for MinGW which comes with Deve-C++ -- And add
    on extentions for Dev-C++ to create OpenGL programs with GLUT 3.7.6+
    (http://www.nigels.com/glt/devpak/) using C++.

    Those are my three favorite picks. You can also run them on a
    thumbdrive, which is one of the qualities I look for in a good open
    source project: anything that doesn't touch the registry.

    Bushido Hacks, May 7, 2005

  3. Generic Usenet Account

    Abecedarian Guest

    Abecedarian, May 7, 2005
  4. Generic Usenet Account

    CBFalconer Guest

    Abecedarian wrote:
    > Generic Usenet Account wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to list all the major C/C++ open source software
    >> sources that are out there on the Internet, to see what all I can
    >> use without re-inventing the wheel.

    > > My apologies if this posting is OT.

    > Why should it be?

    Because C++ is OT on c.l.c. Comp.programming deals with
    algorithms, in general. F'ups set.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, May 7, 2005
  5. Generic Usenet Account

    Abecedarian Guest

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > Because C++ is OT on c.l.c. Comp.programming deals with
    > algorithms, in general. F'ups set.

    Oops, didn't notice the cross-posting.

    Abecedarian, May 7, 2005