    above class of compilation problems before they I introduce them in my
    code. Is there any concise, specific explanation around?

    -Ramon
    Ramon F Herrera, Nov 11, 2007

  2. Ramon F Herrera

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:18:58 -0800, Ramon F Herrera
    said :

    > "Cannot make a static reference to the non-static field <xyz>"

    see
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/compileerrormessages.html#CANTMAKESTATICREF
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/static.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/instance.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/final.html

    etc. Just look up the word of interest in the Java glossary and
    follow the links.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary