    I wanted to display in my web pages the letter ' i ' but without the
    dot on the top of the vertical bar. I looked for it on the unicode
    chart but didn't find it. Thanks for your help.

    Fulio Open, Dec 18, 2009

  2. Fulio Open wrote:

    > I wanted to display in my web pages the letter ' i ' but without the
    > dot on the top of the vertical bar. I looked for it on the unicode
    > chart but didn't find it. Thanks for your help.

    An 'i' without the dot is, surprisingly :), dotless i. More exactly, LATIN
    SMALL LETTER DOTLESS I, U+0131, so the HTML code is ı or,
    equivalently, ı.

    You can of course insert it as such, too, provided that the document's
    character encoding allows that and you known how to type it. Personally, I
    would use a standard Finnish multilingual keyboard and type AltGr+I, but
    that's just me.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 18, 2009