Looking for up to date documentation for Python/Tkinter

Kintaro

Oh wise usenet users,

Please speak unto me the URL which contain the latest documentation on
Python/Tkinter programming.

I have seen Fredrik Lundh's introduction to tkinter (and others) and
it appears to be for an earlier version of Python. I am working with
Python 2.5 and most doc I am finding are for Python 2.2 or earlier.

Many thanks

Kevin Walzer

Kintaro said:
Oh wise usenet users,

Please speak unto me the URL which contain the latest documentation on
Python/Tkinter programming.

I have seen Fredrik Lundh's introduction to tkinter (and others) and
it appears to be for an earlier version of Python. I am working with
Python 2.5 and most doc I am finding are for Python 2.2 or earlier.

Many thanks

The documentation you've looked at should be perfectly valid. Tkinter
doesn't change much from one version of Python to the next.

Of course, Tk itself does change--the new release, 8.5, is a huge
update, adding platform-specific theming to better blend in. There's
tons of Tcl-specific documentation about that. There has been less
Tkinter-style documentation--this link might be of use:

http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/TileWrapper

Daniel Mahoney

One of my favorites is http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/