Looking for Web Server of XP Home Edition

Wayne Gibson

Hi,
I'm looking at deploying my website to run on workstations/notebooks. Some
of these are running Windows XP Home Edition, which doesn't have IIS or
PWS..

So was wondering if anybody could suggest a Web Server that will run on XP
Home for ASP.NET 1.1 and possibly ASP.NET 2.0..

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Wayne Gibson

I think that 'Web Matrix' is a good solution for this problem - it comes
with web server which supports web-services as well.

Karl Seguin

Cassini sample web server...it's what Web Matrix uses...
http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/Download/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

you can also, supposedly, get IIS working on XP Home, but I certainly would
try cassini first before hacking at XP home and hoping it worked...
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general/msg/97df7903d9b477d8

Karl
--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/index.aspx - New and Improved (yes, the popup is

Wayne Gibson

Thanks I've had a look at Cassini, looks like it might work for me..

Has anybody tried it yet with ASP.NET 2.0?
If so, does it work?

Thanks

Wayne